The poetry cord (continued) | Teen Ink

The poetry cord (continued)

January 28, 2010
By BryannaJ. GOLD, Glendale, Arizona
BryannaJ. GOLD, Glendale, Arizona
13 articles 2 photos 40 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you love somebody, let them go. If they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were."


-Anon.
"What is a Code Blue?!"


- Mr. Crepsley (Cirque Du Freak: Vampire's Assistant The Movie)


I silently let go of the mic letting a small feedback echo. Then the sound of small fingers rand through the lounge like bells or chimes.
I smiled. Showing half my teeth in a smirk, as the light gleamed off them I stood.
A mysterious shadow flew past the back of the room. I casually but quickly, hurried off the stage chasing the shadowed figure. A loud crash came. I bumped into something. The figure mabey? But did I dare to find out. I looked up, I was now on the floor. A figure stood behind me. Then nothing it all went black.


Chapter:1
I woke in which seemed like days. By the bump on my head, I would say I was literaly knocked out. I sat up, slowly rubbing my head.
There were no sounds or movements, except the sound of water driping from leaky pipes. I stood up, my ankle hurt really bad, that must've been how I fell.
I lightly, jumped on my feet to make sure I could run if needed.
Then a distant sound made me back into the wall behind me. It grew louder it was the sound of footsteps.
A figure came out of the back of the circular but cornered room. It was the figure of a man, maybe around my age. He had a little shorter than sholder length hair, a piece of it slightly hanging over his eye. He had bright blue eyes that i could see because they seemed to sparkle in the dark.
As he walked closer, the faded light made his features mor distinct. His hair was black and skater like.His skin was a white color, like mine but lighter. He was about my height, from what he looked like. He was preatty cut looking but I kept my guard. I searched the inside of my cloak for my gun but it wasn't there.
I looked up and the man was swinging it around his finger. He looked at me smiling. "Looking for this?" he asked me. "Hello Charlet." he said still smiling. My eyes went big and black,"How do you know my name and who are you?!" I yelled slowly scaling the wall so I could walk around him.
To be continued...

The author's comments:
Btw the thing that inspired me to write this piece was that I'm working on it for a class project. I was originally doing a different one but was writing this one at the same time and I really got into this one so now this will be the one I will turn in to my extracurricular like teacher for the project.