Parallel: Part 3 | Teen Ink

Parallel: Part 3

By amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

"ganbaranakutemo ee nende!" (It's okay even if you didn't do your best!) -Smileage/Tsunku

“I had a feeling this was how it was going to go.” Taren says. “Kidnapping… not my best idea.”

“I’m not kidnapped. I just came to get my purse back.” I remind him.

“That’s what you think. But truly, I have trapped you for… for a bit if an exchange.” He suddenly jumps down from the trash cans he was sitting on and raps his hands around me, holding a knife to my throat. “You purse back…” he whips it up from off the ground- “for that necklace.”

“No.” I say firmly, pushing him off of me. Brian or Luke, Luke or Brian…

“That chain is worth more than you know,” He continues, “but would be of virtually no use to you.”

“Want to bet?”

“Young India, I’m asking you a favor.”

“And I am saying no.”

“Confident, firm. Two traits I admire and hate.”

“You make no sense.”

“Only to myself I do.”

“The necklace is mine.”

“You will stay here with me until you give me your necklace.” He says, holding me up against the wall of the building by the collar of my shirt. “You have two weeks. If you don’t give it to me by them, well, you’ll find out.”

“I am not the kind of person to be afraid.” I say, shooting a hole in him with my eyes.

“We’ll see.” He says, and disappears into the shadows once again.

As I try to fall asleep, I remember the day Luke left.

“I- I have to go.” Luke said. “Now.”

“When will you be home?” I asked.

“I won’t be.” He said, putting an arm gingerly on my shoulder.

“Why?”

“I can’t tell you. But give this to Lana.” He handed me the chain necklace. “Tell her I said happy birthday.” And with that, he left.

And the night closes over me.

amachii GOLD said...
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

i'm going to post this on every one of my articles- PLZ READ MY MAXIMUM RIDE REVIEW!!!!!!!!! thanks!

amachii GOLD said...
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

:) thanks! that's what i like about this site...us so-called "geeks" of the world all together to show the world (or at least part of it) what we're made of. not geeks anymore, huh? :)

Hay.467 SILVER said...
Hay.467 SILVER, Hide-a-way, Texas

"a man is never more truthful than when he acknowledges himself a liar" mark twain

i feel the saaaaame way! :) just keep going

amachii GOLD said...
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

yeah, i've been to the site, but never tried it. i should, thanks 4 telling me! and i'm really sorry about not submitting more... it's posted on part 5. i'll try to get it published outside of the internet, though. and thanks SO much forliking my stories. Not many people my age care. :) :) :) :)

Hay.467 SILVER said...
Hay.467 SILVER, Hide-a-way, Texas

yep..have you heard of inkpop??? its just inkpop .com and people submit the first chapters of books they are trying to write and its set up so that its impossible to highlight and copy the text...its a good resource if you want to keep going with this :) and yeah, i'll totally add the whole "e-mail me when she adds thing for you" :) can't wait to read it

amachii GOLD said...
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

whoops! Meant submitts.

:)

amachii GOLD said...
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

and u can set up something so that teen ink e mails u every time someone sunmits work.

amachii GOLD said...
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

I just sent in parts 4 and 5, but i accidently deleted 6! my mom saw the story and loved it, and she's afraid that some skunkbag is going to find a way to copy it and claim it to be theirs, so she wants me to talk to my computer expert of a dad before i post anything else. But like i said, 4 and 5 are submitted. Thanks again for your interest, it really means a lot!

Hay.467 SILVER said...
Hay.467 SILVER, Hide-a-way, Texas

i can't wait to read more! tell me as soon as the rest is posted :)

amachii GOLD said...
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

Thank you for your support!

I was trying to keep Luke mysterious. He is the person who was in love with India, the narrator. She misses him, and that's what keeps the story going. I did continue writing the series, but something's wrong with my computer and it isn't marked down under "my work". She was remembering luke, just so that the story would build up. Was the dumpster moved?... didn't consider that one... well, let's just say there's two dumpsters.

I kinda like taren. He's like a guy named ike in my novel... evil but charming. Thanks again!

Hay.467 SILVER said...
Hay.467 SILVER, Hide-a-way, Texas

i'm left with a few questions,,,who is luke exactly, and how does he fit into her life?? And how did she get home? was the dumpster moved? The transition was a little confuseing, but other than that i LOVE this series and i really hope you continue it!!!