Snowman | Teen Ink

Snowman

By RLJoy DIAMOND, Glen Rock, New Jersey
RLJoy DIAMOND, Glen Rock, New Jersey

Many people would dislike the deadly cold breeze but for me, its a sign of living just for another few hours... I know that when the sun comes out again I won't live muck longer. That is why I must tell my story now!

I started off as a white mushy gloss on the ground. Until a boy with brown messy hair came along. He waddled towards me in his stiffed layers of clothing. His boots made him seem rather tall. When he came close enough to me, he started to gather me into a large ball. Then balanced me on the even layered snow.

The boy then took another piece of snow and made it into an even tinier ball and put it on the larger rounded piece of snow. Then he did the same thing for the thrid time but made this cicular snowball smaller and placed it in top of the towered two balls of snow.

The boy then proceeded to stick his gloved hands into his baggy pants pocket and took out multiple black seeds. Then stuck each seed onto the ball on top. Each seed was put into a straight line. Later, he took out of his other pocket a rather rigid orange and thin carrot out. Then stuck it in right over the straight line of seeds.

Finally, he took out two grey rocks and placed it right above the carrot. That is how I was born!

Now I am watching a bunch of figures in the distance throwing white puffs of snow at each other; wishing I could join. The only thing I can do is stand still, praying that what some people may call a "scornful breeze," to be my savior and let the temputare drop.

Later that day, I saw tiny little droplet fall to the ground. "Hey, I'm crying!" I thought to myself. Then I felt heat waves from the sun hiting me hard as if a kid was threwing a baseball at me. I slowly formed into a puddle and was gone.

Now I am here to tell you when you build a snowman don't just think about how fun it is...Remember when you create us, you are forming a fight for survival from the heat...

I wrote this when I was bored Please read my other writing.

RLJoy DIAMOND said...
RLJoy DIAMOND, Glen Rock, New Jersey
thanks for the comment

ElloMeeoow said...
This is a very GREAT story!