Lake Monroe High | Teen Ink

Lake Monroe High

By lexrex95 BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
lexrex95 BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado

\"The world needs your beautiful light, so shine on!\"

It started as an ordinary day at Lake Monroe High School. The Louisiana air was naturally humid that faithful day. On the school’s football field, the team was practicing. Next to them, the JV and Varsity cheerleaders were practicing- this is where our story begins. The cheerleaders were in the middle of a stunt, and out of the blue, one of the football players came up. He came up from behind her, and grabbed her around the waist. This caused the flyer to tumble to the ground. And reader, just so you know, this ground was very unforgiving. The football player and his girlfriend were having a fight, and the flyer from the stunt was in a sobbing heap on the ground, with a rather large crowd around her.
6 weeks later

“So, how is your leg, Victoria?”
Three girls, one on crutches, were walking up to the crowded cafeteria at Lake Monroe High.

“Better than it was six weeks ago,” Victoria laughed.

“Again, I’m really sorry about that,” Jayd almost cried.

“Yea, I’m sorry Louis pulled you too.”

All three girls laughed, and walked into the line behind the new sophomore, Eric. He slowly turned to stare at the cheerleaders. He made eye contact with each girl in turn, finally stopping at Victoria’s leg.

“What happened?” he asked in a low voice.

“Cheer accident,” she piped up. Victoria tried to glare at Eric, but was soon drolling over someone a year younger than her, and that she just met. He turned to get his lunch, with Victoria still staring at the spot she just was.

“Snap out of it, Vic,” snapped Sammie. She shook her head as if she had water in her ears, and all three of them walked silently to an empty table, soon, the bell rang, but hardly anyone noticed; they were all lost in thought.

In c lass, Vic started thinking that there was something wrong with Eric: but it was in a good wrong.

Hey, guys,” Vic started. “Was it just me, or was there something weird about that guy, Eric?”

“Yea, there was,” Sammie and Jayd agreed. The three girls started talking, and before their teacher could come over, they decided that he was something special; a super model.
The next day

Victoria decided to confront Eric- to see what his problem was. He admitted that he was a model, but something else: from somewhere else.

“Good luck figuring it out,” he stated plainly.
Later

“So, where could he be from?” asked Jayd.

“Maybe Mt. Olympus?” offered Sammie. The three girls nodded in unison, but were whispering all the same- they didn’t want Victoria’s mom to come bursting into her room.

“Okay, maybe. But who will ask him?” When no one said anything, Victoria continued. “Fine you chickens. I will then.”
The next day

“So, you figured it out? That easily? Hmmm… usually people take longer; usually girls,” Eric laughed to himself.

“Yes, well Sammie did: she’s god at logic problems. But how? So, yours like, a Greek god, or something?

“Yes, but if you tell anyone, I’ll have to break up with you, Vic.”

“Wait, are you asking me out?”

“Well, I already did,” Eric finished.

Not caring who heard in the hallway, Victoria almost yelled “yes.”

I injured myself in cheer, and that inspired my to write a story about it.

Rosalie PLATINUM, Maryville, Tennessee

-you have many to learn but nothing to lose.
-the hardest thing to do is watch the one you love, love someone else...
-good girls are bad girls that dont get caught.

you really have talent! I love ur writing!