The Invasion | Teen Ink

The Invasion

October 6, 2009
By daneshzg GOLD, West Vancouver, Other
daneshzg GOLD, West Vancouver, Other
11 articles 0 photos 39 comments

The bell rang over and over and over as I slowly walked towards the door. The bell rang again just as I opened the door …the invasion had begun. My face went pale as the sound of kid’s screams and yelps poured into the room like a river heading for a water fall. “Oh no!” I thought “I’ve let in the beasts.” I watched as they breached the gateway of my home and ran towards the Wii; “no, not the video games!!!” I screamed inside my head and ran after the little hoodlums.
I took a breath and relaxed a bit when I explained the rules to the pack of confused kids. I went to my room, my Xbox 360 tucked under my arm, but unfortunately when I came out they were gone. They were gone, but not the huge mess on the floor. I looked down in horror as two of the kids came back down the stairs and said “someone broke your computer!” A flash like lightning flared in my eye the instant the words reached my ear and I charged like a bull that’s seen red toward the study. I bolted through the door and spotted two girls sitting, laughing, in front of my MOM’s computer! The flash of lightning started a blaze behind my eye, a blast of laser light like an atom about to explode, and indeed I was about to blow! I looked at Gollum standing behind me, and if looks could kill he’d be toasted.
He quickly ran to the computer...it was in the process of downloading a game! I was milliseconds from vaporizing! They had invaded my room, my computer, my whole house! As they fled out the door, just a step ahead of my blast, I heaved a sigh of relief...and a snort of unhappiness...that was EXCITING...but thank goodness it’s over.