The Fallen Angel | Teen Ink

The Fallen Angel

“I was just trying to look for an abandoned laboratory. How would I know it leads to danger?!”

My wings flapped a little as I kept scribbling down words in my journal. It felt like my pencil kept dancing on my paper! Writing short stories is my favorite hobby… It's like making up your own life as a new person! And I– “Hailey!!!” called Mom. “What?” I yelled back “Get ready for your first sleepover at Cassidy’s!” She yelled excitedly. “Alright!” I soon got my things packed and ready for Cassidy’s house for the night. I hopped in the old car with mom and she started driving away. Hills rolled by as we made it to Cassidy’s house… And parked in the driveway. When I walked in, I noticed something… For some random reason everyone's faces were distorted and blurry. It hurt my eyes just looking at them! I blinked a few more times until I noticed that everything was now black.…

I opened my eyes.

“AH!”

I was falling! In a… Void? What is this place?! Was this my death or a bad dream?! Why is no one else here?! Where am I?! Why am I here?! Wh-

Beep… Beep… Beep… Beep…-... I felt my heart pounding out of my chest when all of a sudden I swung straight up in the air and the heart monitor next to me sounded like a bomb going off..

“Where am I!?” “Shhh… You're healing from the fall.” an unknown figure said “What.. What fall??” I said back with a worried tone. “The fall from yesterday? You fell from heaven to the underworld.” “Oh… But uh… Wait! I fell?! But I was with my mother! There is no way I’m in the underworld.!” The figure pulled open the curtains from the window and everything looked like a corrupted world! I was sitting there in shock as I watched everything become wavy and distorted like I was in a fever dream. “Hey, are you okay?” The figure waved around their hand in front of my face. “I–uh–yeah… I'm fine. It’s just crazy to be here, I thought we weren’t allowed in the underground… Also why is your face so blurry?” I pondered on, “Oh that's because I didn’t think you would want to see my face yet.” “Well can I see?” I asked curiously. “Sure.” he said back and he put this… Red magic on his face that unblurred the magic… Then it all disappeared and he looked normal! “Oh wow!” He had brown hair with a small grin on his face. “I forgot I actually had to go… So–uhm… See you later I guess?” He waved and walked away as I was just sitting there. All alone. In a bed, a hospital bed. I took a peek outside and watched little kids play ball with their parents watching, of course I knew that I shouldn't belong here because I’m an angel, so I hid under the bed sheets and fell asleep. I had a dream, I got everything I wanted, to potions that make humans fly and doors that can laugh. That's not the only weird part about it though, I was a human. A real 4-limb-ed human! This was the weirdest dream I’ve ever had!