The Year 2500 | Teen Ink

The Year 2500

By calblocc SILVER, Chicago, Illinois
calblocc SILVER, Chicago, Illinois

In the year 2500, the world is ending, our popularity is very low. Gun violence has always been a problem for decades, but it's been worse than ever, weapons have gotten more advanced, people have gotten more aggressive because poverty is more serious now. There is no more paper money, everything is online. Gun violence has gotten so bad that all cars have weapons now. Our population was very high at some point, even overpopulated, but are underpopulated now. We have gangs that are more advanced and even more dangerous than before. They have military equipment and the police have gone more corrupt. They work with the gangs. They steal from us and destroy our city. There's flying cars because of the aliens that abducted our people and the gangs shot them down . These gangs turned in the aliens to the government where they studied them and tortured them for their information. We took their guns and made more. We have been going to war with the aliens. Our technology is so advanced we have robots that kill and track down aliens. Robots haven't betrayed us and even helped us think of ways to grow crops better and keep water drinkable without us getting sick. 100 years ago poisoning diseases were very serious and many of our people died. The sky is purple with big black clouds. When it rains the lightning is green. It's beautiful but it has gotten harder to breathe. We all now have vents in our homes and cars to give us oxygen to breathe better. Even in other places like stores and any public place. A big problem we have stumbled across is that diseases are being passed around, for example covid and even a new cancer is showing up but we haven't found a cure for it, we don't even really know how it came to be. We have been getting closer to creating a successful atmosphere to protect us from the pollution and global warming. But the only problem is it will have everyone trapped on this planet, so the aliens can't go from planet to planet. Transportation will become a big problem. Drug dealing has made people really wealthy . A lot of people have gotten really sick from these drugs and died. The weed they are planting now grows 10x faster and 10x bigger because of the soil of another planet that we've collected. Makes people hallucinate and act like they are in cartoons. The cocaine and molly they have has a new ingredient combined with fentanyl. It's very much like fentanyl but less likely to kill you. The world is still ending even with all of this new technology.

My vision of the future if we don't get wise.