The tree | Teen Ink

The tree

By DJAlyss GOLD, El,paso, Texas
DJAlyss GOLD, El,paso, Texas

Practice doesn't make perfect,
Practice makes Permanent

The ground shook. The roots of a 300-year-old tree are torn from the ground. The tree now floats in the air with a piece of land dangling from the roots. If you zoom out of this image what you don’t see is, an alien spaceship taking the last tree from this God forsaken Earth. We destroyed our home with wars and pollution. The aliens saw this and one by one, our trees started to disappear. However, no one noticed this because we were so submerged in trying to win our war, destroying the Earth. The last human was taken about seven hours before this tree is being taken now. All that is left of Earth is nuclear waste, acid rain, dirt, half destroyed mountains, and holes in the ground. Our world never had a chance. Everyone refused to listen to me when I tried to make peace. That is why the aliens let me live and did not eat me. They claimed they could not eat a pure hearted, innocent person, like myself. They kept me and said my only job was to try and save other planets from the same tragic fate. If only they had listened, damn those terrians because of them I am the only one left of my kind. I am incapable of reproduction without a partner therefore; our species will perish when I die. If there are existing terrians I am unaware of please my fellow terrians please I beg try to regain our existence. The merciful aliens have extended my life to the max ability; I do not even know how old I am now. They wanted me to see the last tree before they take it and die of old age. This is astronaut Chris Real. Signing off one last time. 

This is another short story inspired by a picture I saw earlier. We should not throw away our precious treasure, Earth, and instead, we should savor it and adore it. We should take care of it. During these politically divided times I think this small just for fun short story will show we cannot afford to have any world wars so please try to make peace to not be a barbarous terrian.