The Best Day of My Life | Teen Ink

The Best Day of My Life

March 17, 2016
By ellarue22 BRONZE, Highland, Utah
ellarue22 BRONZE, Highland, Utah
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

 Life is great. I am  doing well in school, my job is great, and the best part of it was that I am getting super serious with my boyfriend! We have been going out for 6.3 months. Life is the best! I’m pretty sure that my boyfriend is going to propose pretty soon!  He told me that he had a very special date planned for tonight! I’m so excited!

4hrs Later…..

I found the best dress to wear tonight, and was just touching up my make-up when the doorbell rang. Butterflies instantly filled my stomach. I grabbed my purse and opened the door, and on the other side of the door was the most handsome man alive. My heart skipped a few beats as I looked into his beautiful eyes. He finally broke the silence..

“Hello there gorgeous”

“Hello there handsome”

“Are you ready to go?”

“Yes I am”

We walked out the door and he lead me to his car, opened the door and I took my seat, buckled up. After he got in he followed suit, except he leaned over and gave me a whisper of a kiss on the cheek. My face reddened and my cheeks flushed. I loved this man with all my heart. Everytime I closed my eyes the image of him appeared in my mind.

“What are we doing tonight?” I asked.

“Something very special.”

“Come on, at least give me a hint as to what you've planned!”

“But that would ruin the surprise!”

“Pretty please!”

“Nope, you'll just have to wait and see for yourself.”

The ride continued on, and on the way to the secret location we stopped at some of the important places that we had been to together, it was so sweet of him. He then pulled over on the side of the road and said:
“Miss I’m going to cover your eyes now, but don’t worry you're in really good hands.”

“I sure hope so” I said as he put a blindfold over my eyes.

I was about 15 more minutes before we stopped again and I heard him shut the door and heard him walk over to my side of the car to help me out. I almost tripped and died as I got out, but he grabbed me very tightly so that that wouldn't happen.  We walked about 5 minutes before he whispered:

“We have arrived!”

“Finally, It's been long enough”
He then reached over and removed my blindfold. I was shocked as I looked around. It felt like I should be in a fairy tail. It was just so beautiful. There were lights hanging from above our heads. Drooping from the dark wood pergola. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen in my whole life.

I then turned and looked at him and he was down on one knee, with a small little black box in his hands.

“I love you so much, you make my heart beat faster when you walk into the room. I want to come home every day from work knowing you’ll be there waiting for me. So please do me the honour and being my wife.Will you marry me?”

“Yes!!!”

“I love you” he said

“I love you more” I said

He slid the beautiful diamond ring on my finger. He stood up and wrapped his arms around me, and pulled me close to him. He lowered his lips to mine, and he made me feel like the most beautiful princess in the world. He pulled back, ever so slowly, and we stared into eachothers eyes.

It was the most magical night ever, I couldn't have imagined it better. I love him so much and now I get to spend my whole life with him, I'm the luckiest girl in the whole world.


The author's comments:

I was inspired to write this after reading a book recently. I love romaces, so I decided to write one!!