The Way You Love Me | Teen Ink

The Way You Love Me

By Bri_163 SILVER, Fontana, California
Bri_163 SILVER, Fontana, California

The worst part about being lied to is knowing you weren't worth the truth.

i love that you know the details. the little things. like how i don't like ketchup on my fries and i hate when the strings on my sweatshirt aren't even.
i love how you treat my friends. your never rude, never mean. you involve them in our conversation instead of trying to keep all your attention on me.
i love how you love my grandma. you laugh at her terrible jokes, you help her to her car, and you listen to all her stories, no matter how many times she's already told them. you let her win at her favorite card game.
i love the way you are. your dorky and smart, but your athletic and buff. your an outsider, but somehow your still popular.
i love how you know my schedule. you make a point to see me between every class, to make sure our arms brush a few times, to make me smile.
i love how your always happy. even when your upset, you don't get mad when I'm rude. you ignore my bitchiness and tickle me when I'm mad.
i love the way you say goodnight. its never just a "night", its always something more. it gives a promise of tomorrow, a promise of "us", a dream thats become reality.

you once told me that you love me even more every day, even on my bad days, because its another day you spent with me.

you once told me that no matter what happens, you'll always be at the finish line, you'll always be there to catch me if i fall.

you once told me that everything i hate about myself was perfect the way it was, and you made me believe you.

i once told you its was impossible for you to understand what you mean to me, and it still is.

but ill never get the chance to try.

ill always love you.

this kind of love is so rare. when you have it, hold on. enjoy the moment, enjoy the little things. because you never know when you might lose them forever.