A Knock the Window | Teen Ink

A Knock the Window

By angel_of_silence PLATINUM, Cotulla, Texas
angel_of_silence PLATINUM, Cotulla, Texas

“The boy never cried again, and he never forgot what he'd learned: that to love is to destroy, and that to be loved is to be the one destroyed.” -Jace Wayland City of Bones

Bang, bang, bang!!! “Open up Chase.” I was banging on his window like an idiot until he finally came.
“What do you want,” he asked though the glass. He asked this every time I came knocking, he should already know what’s wrong.
“Just open the freakin window!” I shouted I was already frustrated.
“Is it your mom again?” he asked. I nodded. He shook his head and opened the window as if that simple nod explained everything.
“Thanks.” This was the first time I had ever sneaked into his house. All the other times I would go through the front door. But this time it was different, I was crying and I didn’t want anyone else to know how sad I was but him.
“Were your sister and mom fighting again?” he asked. I shook my head. “Then what happened” he asked concern in his voice. And I told him.
I told him how my mother called me nothing, a piece of dirt. How for the umpteenth time she called my nothing. How she told me I was no better than the dirt she walked on. I told him how I was tired of living. How shouldn’t be allowed to exist. How I thought I was a failure and couldn’t do anything right. While I said all this he sat there patiently waiting for me to finish. When I was finally done he got up and walked over to me.
“Allyson,” he said.
“Yeah,” I answered, with my face in my hands.
“You are worth so much” I didn’t answer. “You are not a failure, if it wasn’t for you God knows where I would be.” I still didn’t answer. You have to exist if not for you than for me I need you here you know that.” I did know that. I knew that if I was gone Chase would not have someone to love and care for him and vice versa. “And Allyson,” he said gently. He got down on his knees and lifted my face so I could see him.
“You are beautiful.” And he kissed me.

i hoope everyone likes it this is my first piece.

Kindle GOLD said...
Kindle GOLD, Sudbury, Other

"There is no subject so old that something new cannot be said about it." -Fyodor Dostoevsky

"Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense." - Robert Frost

Sorry that wasn't supposed to be there

Kindle GOLD said...
Kindle GOLD, Sudbury, Other

Awwwwwww :')   missing some question marks and a couple words though... js never hurts to revise

mollywithane BRONZE, Jerusalem, Other

"Be that change you wish to see in the world." (Ghandi)

awwwwwwwwwwwww

Shadowpomgurl PLATINUM, Canton, New York

"I was NEVER that drunk." -Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow

i like! so sweet! *sighs* awwwww...

Detective_Finn SILVER, Houston, Texas

A great day starts with the thought of having one. Joseph Dixon

Nice story. Keep up the good work.

Pargaran SILVER, New Glasgow, Other

"Be who you are, and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

I loved it! It's such a cute story. I agree with the other comments; you should keep writing, but spend a little more time working on the grammer. :)

DomoandUnicorns BRONZE, Lincoln, California
really cute and interesting

elites5 SILVER said...
elites5 SILVER, Langley, Other
Really good, sweet story. Just a few grammatical errors, but you should keep writing. Can you read mine and comment, "For a Reason" in the realistic fiction? Thanks. :)

AlmostPublished GOLD, Phoenix, Arizona

Live for today,because yesterday is gone and tomarrow may never come.

Nice Hopeless, i love the classic ending. Keep writing.

curlygurlray GOLD, Visalia, California

you have the life you let yourself take.

awesome truely good work(:

TelDorathan SILVER, Clifton, Maine

"I always come out fine, both physically and-"
Awkward silence...
"Uhh... Caboose?"
"Mentally!"

Oh, you can't edit them after? Sorry then.

i look into making a part 2

thanks for the feedback i noticed my mistakes but when i did it was already to late

TelDorathan SILVER, Clifton, Maine

Awkward silence...
"Uhh... Caboose?"
"Mentally!"

The story is good, but if you don't mind, I noticed a few grammatical errors. 

"What do you want," and "Then what happened" should have a question mark.

"How shouldn't be allowed to exist." Is missing the I.

Just a thought. It looks much more profesional that way.

DanielM SILVER said...
DanielM SILVER, Kent, Washington

"I would rather hated million times for what i did then loved a million times for what i didn't do." - Daniel Moto
" I've sought out to be the best i could posibly be but when i hit a roadblock in life what did i do, i had two choices either stay at the roadblock or i take this roadblock and make of it and go around it and achieve my goal. So, what will it be?"- Daniel Mathia

"People take love like its a four letter word or just a phrase that you tell people or your friends all the time. But in reality love is much bigger than a merely phrase or 4 letter word. Instead love is a genuine promise or covenant to that special person."-Daniel Mathia

“Why change yourself when you were made perfect and wonderfully by the creator of everything?” – Daniel Mathia

“If live is not hurtin then were really not living in.” – B. Reith

Mhm......i really liked it. It has this intersting feel to it. At first i was a tad bit confused but then i when i got into i understood what you were coming from. Great Job!!!

suggestion: make another part two this.

this is my first article