The Ghost Beside Me | Teen Ink

The Ghost Beside Me

January 20, 2012
By 1997soccercrush SILVER, Fitzwilliam, New Hampshire
1997soccercrush SILVER, Fitzwilliam, New Hampshire
7 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"the hardest thing to do is watch someone you love, love someone else."


He was everything. He was the one thing that kept me going. He was my inspiration. Ever since that first kiss I knew he was mine, but now I know that I was so stupid to think that. When something finally goes good in my life, God takes it away from me in the most horrid way possible. I mean, just seeing him, pale, bruised, hooked up to so many machines to keep him going, seeing the pain in his eyes that he always tried so hard to hide. It hurt deep inside to see those first few tears fall, his voice a soft whisper as he spoke to me for the last time. He told me to audition for the show I had been rehearsing my audition for, he told me to get that lead role and show the world what I was made of. His grip on my hand slackened a bit. I had barely leaned close to his ear ans whispered as loud as I dared "for you, I'd do anything" I pressed my lips to his forehead and laying my hand on his cheek whispered "I love you." and, seconds before he disappeared from this world and left me forever, I heard a faint "I love you too." It's been a year now. After a long year of rehearsals and tears, it's time for my big performance. He wanted me to perform in this show and I had promised him that I would. So as I stand on center stage and see my parents along with his, I think of how a single relapse of Leukemia, could take the most important person in my life out of that audience.


The author's comments:
I was reading a book about a girl who meets a kid who had Leukemia in a hospital and I got this idea to write kind of a tragic love story where this girl falls in love with this guy and he has Leukemia. This is just the ending of the story so there aren't as many details as I would like but who knows, maybe someone will like it.