Long- lost lovers. | Teen Ink

Long- lost lovers.

By Megs_17 BRONZE, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Megs_17 BRONZE, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

TOTZ DEF OMEGA.

I wrote my name and number on a piece of paper and let it drop from the top of the empire state building. It flew in loops and twirls, all the way down. I was hoping the man I dream of would catch it and know it was fate. We would grow together and get married, have children, become grandparents, and live together for the remainder of our lives in love and peace.

My cell phone rang two hours later, it was a deep voice with a hint of Australian accent. “Hello Clara, my name is Charles. I have a very peculiar story, if you have time to listen.”
“Of course I will listen, Charles.”
“I was walking through central park with my dog, Lucy, and out of nowhere, a piece of paper smacked me square in the face. It wrote…

Clara Hawthorne

316-246-8395
.. did you mean for this to find someone?”
I was shocked, terrified even. I felt embarrassed and desperate, but I replied, “Yes, I was working on the side of fate, hoping I would go against the odds and find you.”

Charles took in a very deep breath and after a few seconds, he asked her to meet him at Central Park in the very spot he found the paper, in twenty- five minutes. I graciously accepted and hung up the phone. The next few thoughts that went through my head were varied. I was thinking he could be some murderer, or a creep. But, if I wanted love, then I needed to go.

I walked nervously to the park bench we were to meet. I sat for about five minutes when I saw him. I stood up about to walk to him, but I stopped dead in my tracks. “Charlie? Charlie Claus?”
“Hello Clarissa.” He smiled that radiating smile I remembered vividly from high school…

TIMLUVER03 SILVER, Valdosta, Georgia

We can't all be hereos because someone has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by.- Will Rodgers

I agree. you should continue it.

LanaBabii BRONZE, Cocoa, Florida

"Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.”

this is adorable! you should continue it!!!