The Call | Teen Ink

The Call

By MidnightFire PLATINUM, Lincoln, Illinois
MidnightFire PLATINUM, Lincoln, Illinois

'Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow.'
for my sister: 'when life gives me lemons ... i eat them'
'do not be afraid, be faithful'
'God is not safe, but He's good'

Her deep green eyes stared into the fire as it seemed to liquidate and spill over the roof of the burning building. Satisfied with the sight she turned from her grassy cliff and trotted off into the dark park as the 911 response started to show. The moonlight shimmered on her black fur, spilling off like water. Soft dew covered grass tickled the pads of her paws. Fireflies danced through the air in the early fall night as the early cold nipped her into alertness in the calm night. She shook, her coat feeling satisfyingly heavy she began to run, night friskiness making her smile. Smoothly she ran, stretching her bones, keeping the silk feeling in her muscles close. Joy filled her heart as she jumped easily onto a backless park bench and off again barely landing. Putting on another burst of speed she ran to another cliff and stopped short. Ears forward alert, eyes bright with joy. A shadow against the moon she howled. Hearing it echo off the town, and valley filled her heart even more. Then another howl echoed through the valley and she smiled even brighter as she heard her mate across the town. Now she had to make it across, to answer the call.

this is an animal romance to warn you

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." --Douglas Adams

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." --Marcus Aurelius

You really love wolves, don't you?  That's okay, just because I review a lot of books set in ancient Egypt, people think I'm obsessed with it.  It's okay to be interested in something. :)

Anyway, this is a great short story.  I'm interested to see if you expand on this.  It's really good!

musicispassion PLATINUM, Perris, California

" Life is never easy for those who dream."
There are so many other quotes i need pages to write them

interesting idea i love it do u live somewhere where u see all of these animals and thing u write about aren't wolves beautiful i've always wanted to hear a pack howl aaaaahhhhh :P

'do not be afraid, be faithful'
'God is not safe, but He's good'

she didn't start the fire but that would be an interesting thing ... i think i had resently watched the move 'How To Train Your Dragon' when i wrote this because thats the way some of the dragon's fire acted ... :) thanks for reading and commenting (few people ever seem to comment on others' works)

__horizon133 PLATINUM, Portage, Michigan

"laugh, and the world laughs with you. laugh hysterically, and for no apparent reason, and they will leave you alone." anonymous

interssting...did the wolf cause the fire? i especialy liked how you described it--"the fire seemed to liquidate and spill over the roof of the burning building." sort of like a gasoline fire...those are really quite beautiful.