The Call | Teen Ink

The Call

February 27, 2011
By MidnightFire PLATINUM, Lincoln, Illinois
MidnightFire PLATINUM, Lincoln, Illinois
40 articles 6 photos 239 comments

Favorite Quote:
'Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow.'
for my sister: 'when life gives me lemons ... i eat them'
'do not be afraid, be faithful'
'God is not safe, but He's good'


Her deep green eyes stared into the fire as it seemed to liquidate and spill over the roof of the burning building. Satisfied with the sight she turned from her grassy cliff and trotted off into the dark park as the 911 response started to show. The moonlight shimmered on her black fur, spilling off like water. Soft dew covered grass tickled the pads of her paws. Fireflies danced through the air in the early fall night as the early cold nipped her into alertness in the calm night. She shook, her coat feeling satisfyingly heavy she began to run, night friskiness making her smile. Smoothly she ran, stretching her bones, keeping the silk feeling in her muscles close. Joy filled her heart as she jumped easily onto a backless park bench and off again barely landing. Putting on another burst of speed she ran to another cliff and stopped short. Ears forward alert, eyes bright with joy. A shadow against the moon she howled. Hearing it echo off the town, and valley filled her heart even more. Then another howl echoed through the valley and she smiled even brighter as she heard her mate across the town. Now she had to make it across, to answer the call.


The author's comments:
this is an animal romance to warn you