The one I loved most | Teen Ink

The one I loved most

By llamachick PLATINUM, Seneca, South Carolina
llamachick PLATINUM, Seneca, South Carolina

I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Looking at her I felt my eyes start to drop, I knew there was no way that I wanted to fall asleep now. So I leaned my head back and started so gently push her hair away from her face, so I wouldn’t stir her from her peaceful sleep. Her head was resting in my lap and because of the big wavy sandy blond locks you could barely see her face. As I slowly tried to uncover those high tanned check bones with those full pink lips, her eyes started to flicker. Oh crap I thought to myself. Still asleep with a slight little whimper she lifted her pink finger nailed hand to rub her eyes and then drifted back into that same deep breathing. This time I just rested my hand over hers and looked down her body. From her shoulders to about mid-thigh she was covered in my gray sweatshirt. And that was my last thought before I drifted off into an undisturbed sleep, right beside the one I loved most.
I woke to seeing the dazzling sun shifting through the passenger side window. Dang! We had both feel asleep. I quickly sat up and looked out the front window, seeing various trees. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and turned around to gently shake my boyfriend. He made a groaning noise and started to turn his head, then coming to realization he started mumbling something. I knew him well enough that kissing him was needed to wake him up. After successfully driving me home, and me sneaking in though my window I sat thinking in his gigantic sweatshirt, that still had a little lingering scent of his cologne. The smell that always reminded me of the one I loved most.
I groaned to myself when I pulled the truck into the gravel drive, I was so tired. But I had to go to work now. The only good thing about working for this old farmer was getting to see his daughter, Katelyn, who was my girlfriend. Yes the same girlfriend who had kept me up almost all night in the front seat of my truck. And yes it was worth it. A few hours later as I spread hay over the front pasture I looked up to see the most amazing girl, my girl. She was in short exercise shorts, which showed off all of her bronzed legs, and a white tank top. Her hair was still slightly disheveled from sleep and she rubbed her eyes and came to stand on the porch. I watched her survey the land, her eyes finally landing on me. She then focused her eyes there for a second, turned around and walked right back inside. A few minutes later I saw her father emerge from the house ,which was when I figured it was a good time for a lunch break. As I came in I could hear her singing, dang it seemed that she was good at everything. I tried to shut the door with as little noise as possible. And slid along the wall as I reached the living room I was planning jump out and grab her or something of the sort when I noticed what she was doing. With one hand griping a feather duster and the other on a picture frame. A picture that I had seen a thousand times, surrounded by a large oak frame, was a picture of her younger self and her mother. As I watched her I realized that her singing had creased, and she quickly looked up straight at me. After staring into my eyes for a moment she giggled and said, “You want some lunch babe?” I put a smile on my face but I knew there was concern in my eyes, concern for her missing her mother. But I answered with, “Sure darling that sounds great”. I held out my hands, pulled her close for a quick kiss, and then skipped down the hall full of love to go eat lunch with the one I loved most.
Looking through the window I watched my daughter fix a sandwich for that dang teenage country boy. I could tell she thought I didn’t know that she had snuck out with him last night; I could tell she sure did miss her mother, and I could tell that he thought I was just some old farmer. And most of all I could tell they loved each other. And I knew one day they would be together, forever, because they truly did love each other.

Random thoughts that went through my head during Bussness Apps class, i was supposed to be makeing a powerpoint, oh well.

haleyy. SILVER said...
haleyy. SILVER, Daleville, Alabama

If you have enemies it means you fought for something in your life.
- Eminem

this was a really good piece.(: you should definitely write more.! 

softballwriter18 BRONZE, Butler, Pennsylvania
I really love this. Especially the ending; i thought it was a great idea..keep writing

this is beatuiful. u need to write more for it!

— Marilyn Monroe

thanks so much!!!

whateverjuliet BRONZE, Miami, Florida

true love never dies,it only gets stronger with time.

i loved the beginning! the whole story was just so romantic!!