Skye & Jacey (Part 2) | Teen Ink

Skye & Jacey (Part 2)

By Kelkel1185 BRONZE, Rockford, Ohio
Kelkel1185 BRONZE, Rockford, Ohio

Suddenly, just as I was leaning and closing in the last of the distance between our lips, Jacey pulled away. She sat up and turned around and put her head in her hands. Shocked as I was, I could tell she was upset. I tried scooting closer to her to help her feel better, but she just got up off of the bed and moved away from me. I felt as if I had just been punched in the gut, I couldn’t breathe. She rejected me. I tried to cross that line and I ruined everything. Why was I so stupid?

“I can’t do this,” Jacey mumbled with her head still in her hands.

“Can’t do what, Jace?”

“This. Us, I can’t do us. I don’t know what it is, but I have these feelings for you and I wanted to kiss you. I almost didn’t stop, and I didn’t really want to stop. I’m straight, I don’t want to be gay, Skye.”

“Oh, look I understand what you’re going through. I know it’s not easy to realize you have feelings for someone, especially a girl. But it’s okay; there is nothing wrong with it. There’s nothing wrong with me for liking girls, and there’s nothing wrong with you if you have feelings for me. Don’t feel like you’re alone, because you’re not; I have feelings for you too, strong ones.”

“I know, but I just can’t feel that way. I’m sorry, but I can’t like girls.”

“Why? Who says you can’t feel that way, Jacey? What is so wrong with the way you feel?”

“Just because! I just can’t have those feelings, it would ruin everything. My family would kill me, and I’d lose my friends, and just everything would change; I can’t do that!”

“Oh, I understand now. You’re worried about your reputation.”

“No! You know I care about you!”

“No? Well you know what I think? I don’t think this is about your friends or family at all. I think this is about you. I think that you’ve never felt the way you do, and you’re scared. You’re scared of what could happen with us, and you’re scared of losing your friends because you know that they won’t understand. But if they’re real friends that matter, they will understand and will get over it. I promise you that I know exactly what is going on inside your head right now. And it is completely okay to be feeling what you feel. No one can tell you how to feel or who to feel it for”

“But, I just can’t do this.” Jacey repeated.

I rose off of the bed and started to move closer to her. This time she didn’t move away or try to stop me. I took another step closer, careful to keep my eye contact with her, gaining confidence with each step.

“Skye, I can’t do this.” She said again with less conviction.

I took another step, closing the gap between us with a steady pace.

“I can’t feel like this, I just can’t,” Jacey continued, more than anything she was trying to convince herself that it was the truth.

With my final step I completely closed the distance between us. She kept looking away from me, mumbling, still trying to convince herself that her feelings weren’t real. I tilted her chin upwards so that she was looking directly into my eyes, letting her see everything I feel.

“Jacey, I know what you feel. I know that you’re scared and I know why. But I’m here, I’ll always be here. There is nothing wrong with the way you feel, and whatever happens, we’ll get through it together,” I said, pretty much pouring my heart out to her. I knew some of it sounded cliché, but I knew that I had to tell her. I had to make her understand that I wasn’t playing games. I was here for her, and I was serious about my feelings and I’d be there through it all.

“But I…”

“Shhh,” I told her, gazing into her eyes, noticing how no matter how many times her lips said no, those emerald eyes said she knew the truth. The look in her eyes gave me all the confidence I needed. I caressed her cheek, feeling my heart race in anticipation once again. My hand fell to the smooth skin of her neck and traced her shoulder. The moment was intense for the both of us, as our breathing got heavier. I tilted her chin up just enough, and started to lean in just as before. But this time I wasn’t going to let the moment slip away from me.

From the very first moment our lips touched, I knew I did the right thing. The feelings that it sent through my entire body was unlike anything I’d ever experienced. Her lips, soft and sweet against mine, I slid my hand around her to the small of her back and pulled her body closer to mine as I finally kissed her and got what I had been thinking about for what seemed like ages. Her taste was so addicting; the bubble gum flavor of her lip gloss mixed with her natural scent. I never wanted to stop kissing her. Our breath quickened as the moment heated up, and I backed her against the wall of my bedroom. Her hands clasped together around my neck, making sure I wouldn’t leave her. I felt like I could kiss her amazing lips for days and never get bored. She was starting to get really comfortable kissing me, and started to bite my lips as she kissed me. As much as I hated to, I forced myself to pull my lips away from hers, but I was still just as close to her as before. I just knew that if I didn’t stop now, I wouldn’t be able to stop, and she was too special to me to go that fast with.

I looked into those gorgeous eyes and smiled. She seemed so much more comfortable and had her hands wrapped around my waist, keeping me attached to her.

...Part 3 Coming Soon

Hope You All Like It..Lemme Know Your Thoughts. =)