Allergies part 2 2/2 | Teen Ink

Allergies part 2 2/2

October 20, 2010
By Internal-Love PLATINUM, Queens, New York
Internal-Love PLATINUM, Queens, New York
33 articles 3 photos 310 comments

Favorite Quote:
Nothing's black or white, its all just a shade of gray---

















TI "Live your Life" ft Rihanna


Maybe life was worth living after all.
That was what i had been thinking ever since the night at the nightclub.
My one friend at school claims I've been changing, My mother's a bit bewildered, and my dad even started to notice. One day i was rearranging my room, humming in my off-key voice, when mom knocks on the open door and says "was that you?". i stopped humming. My mom's eyes were wide, mouth hanging wide open. As though i had turned into an alien. She gapes "IT WAS YOU!! i could hear your humming from the other floor!"
i shrugged. "Yeah, so what??"
What could i say?
i was happy; flooded in a world of love. i hadn't noticed all the beautiful things life held before, until now. i proceed in humming and got the tape. Mom just stood there and gawked "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"
i answered simply "Redecorating". She was still there. What now? "but you love dark music" she muttered softly, like a down little kid. i only smiled at her. "Did, love dark music. But now I've found a new essence of rock, one that doesn't make me deaf" i corrected her.
Still kind of astounded, she asked "But Becca, you've always loved dark music, ever since you discovered it. What could possibly make you change-----------" she stopped after seeing pictures of me and Greg at a photo booth, sticking our tongues out, placing bunny ears on each others heads, and kissing in the last photo. The photos were dangling from the side of my mirror. When she spoke next, her tone came from her realization: "Oh. Well you take care now" and left. Her face held 2 emotions, happiness, and concern. It was the concern i didn't really understand. Any normal mother would've been happy her gothic outsider daughter was changing. There's some things about mom i just don't understand.

i shut off my light, lay down on my bed, and grinned at my new room. The light from the candle gave the room a whole new glow. Paramore posters consumed the walls, replacing the dark rock bands. i also replaced my black curtains for binds, and kept them shut, and low. It felt as though i were inside Greg's home, boarded up, but a wonderfully beautiful world inside.i loved it. i was floating in the glow of the candle


i wasn't used to this. My new feelings, my almost brand new life. It was exciting, breathtaking, a bit dangerous, and addicting. And i loved all of the above.


i found myself actually looking forward to the nights that came. On those nights i would either go on the date with him, or hear his voice on the phone. And when people kept pulling at me, demanding why i changed, when high school didn't change, when my parents were flabbergasted, i just wanted to escape the world and there he was, freezing time so it was just the 2 of us. i loved how i felt around him, the person i was around him.

The story of us was a freakishly alike to Twilight, taking away the vampires and stuff.


One day i was headed for my room when i stumbled across mom and dad in the living room. "Excuse me" i said, trying to go past. They didn't move. Mom replied "Honey, we have to talk" They took a seat on the sofa and gestured for me to do the same. "What's up?" i asked. They weren't smiling. There was an awkward pause before dad began "Uh......this isn't easy to say......."
" Your father and i think you haven't been acting like yourself lately" mom finished. So this was what to talk about. Mom just couldn't cope with all my drastic changes.
Out of nowhere my dad gagged.
"You're excused Howard" Mom said, calling him by name. My eyes widened.
dad gagging............mom calling dad by his name............
This could only mean one thing.
Mom continued "We're concerned about you and your.......boyfriend. Things seem to be getting serious.....But it's not cool to make things TOO serious"
Yep, my mother's lame attempt at a sex talk.
She was obviously uncomfortable. The whole thing was really awkward. i assured her "DON'T WORRY!! THAT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN! Maybe you aren't ready to deal with change. But your little girl's growing up. I'm just in love. Haven't you ever been in love before? It's like flying, and you should know. And don't worry, I'll most likely be a virgin the rest of my life"
My mom gaped at my outspoken statement.

that night was date night. After i had gotten all dolled up, i took a cab to the street Greg told me to go. As soon as i stepped out of the door, he was there, waiting for me, looking hot as usual. Charming gold haired, hazel eyed, cool clothed boyfriend...... i was so lucky.

"so where are we going?" i asked. Returning the smile, he answered "Your looking at it".
i looked up.
"Wendy's?" i asked, eyebrows raised. He shrugged "it IS open 24 hours". He was right about that. i ordered a large chocolate frosty, sweet and spicy chicken, and he got a burger. Taking my shake, he popped in 2 straws. It was such a cute gesture i smiled. Then again, I'm always smiling around him. As we took a seat near the window i joked "How romantic. sharing a shake, and a special reservation at Wendy's". He laughed, and his laugh was so sexy i loved it. The smile from his laugh remained and he looked at me the way he had many times before. "You know, i wanted to take you to this place in Manhatten-------------it's great, friendly service, candle lights all over........... but it closes at 4"
My heart went out to him. i couldn't take it. He couldn't have an allergy to the sun, he just couldn't!! There had to be a reason, something to show he really didn't have such an allergy..........
i found it.

What is it you may ask?? Find out in part 3!!


The author's comments:
in case you haven't read from my review on evermore i promised i was going to work on my spelling and grammar. So I'm keeping it.