Hand in Hand | Teen Ink

Hand in Hand

By emileei SILVER, Surrey, Other
emileei SILVER, Surrey, Other

It was grade five when I first realized who I would spend the rest of my life with, who would always be there for me. Most people find their true love when they become adults but me it was when I first looked into those amazing hazel eyes of his. I loved everything about him from the way he wore button up silk shirts everyday to the hats he wore day after day. He was like no other his favorite movie was The Sound of Music and he had the most creative ideas one time when we were on our way to school he told me that one day when he was older he was going to create these pajamas that lit up and he was going to call them Dj Pj’s. Oh wait you wont get that yet that’s because the boy’s name that I fell madly in love with at such a young age is David here goes the Dj Pj’s. The one day I will never forget is the first time he “asked me out” though we were to young to actually go out that’s what a boy would ask a girl he liked.
We were both sitting on our desks he sat right in front of me and he turned around and said “Emma will you go out with me”
Me being the little shy girl I was at that time I didn’t give him an answer till the next day and when I did tell him I would one of my best friends found out that night at the swimming pool she was devastated. She at the time also had a crush on David so the next day at school I told David I couldn’t “go out with him” anymore and only a couple of days after that they started to “go out” that killed me I never said that to anyone but it did hurt me. David was the first boy I ever had a crush on he was the first one to make me feel butterflies in the pit of my stomach.
As we grew up our families became closer and closer and then in grade seven David and his sister Alex came camping with us. I will never forget that trip we had so much fun we jumped of the bridge into the lake and went canoeing in the lake and at night David, Alex and I would watch movies as my sister slept I really couldn’t tell you any of the movies we watched in those nights because the only thing that was on my mind those nights was the fact he would hold my hand under the blankets while his sister had no idea. A couple of days into the camping trip we were walking on these logs with mud only inches below us he grabbed my hand to help me get across oh that feeling I can still feel that the shivers that went through my body and made me feel like nothing could stop that feeling and no one could hurt me. He brought me across that log and turned and looked at me they way he looked at me in grade five and asked me that same question only this time I was so nervous when those words came out of his mouth I turned away from the boy I truly liked and walked away without a word. I don’t know why I ever did that I truly regret that I don’t regret many things in life but that moment I do truthfully regret. After that trip and that amazing summer we spent most days together we went back to school and nothing was ever the same. David treated me like I was the one person he never wanted to spend time with some he despised. He began to be someone I didn’t even know a stranger he never treated me the same after that.
As the years went on we were still close because of our families we saw each other everyday even on most weekends our sisters played soccer together and we would both go to them. I had to see him all the time and it was so hard to see him and feel the way I felt and never knowing how he felt about me. We spent birthday’s together and even Christmas mornings in the further years we were as close as families could get. We went to school together and worked together I couldn’t escape from him every where I turned I saw his face and his face always made me feel the same every time I saw it, it made me feel like nothing could ever go wrong and like there was no one else that could make me feel the way he felt. I tried moving on once there was this other guy his name was Mike he made me feel special he made me feel like I was wanted and I was good enough they same way David made me feel when he grabbed my hand and helped me across the logs that camping trip some years ago. I had met Mike a couple of summers before he asked me to be his girlfriend on our first date we went to sushi I loved sushi and then we went back to his house and hung out. It was only a couple of weeks later we ended he had a troubled family life and it just didn’t work out. I have never been the one to cry but when Mike and I ended for some reason I did I don’t think it was because he hurt me I think it was more because I have never really felt good enough for any guy but Mike made me feel like I was wanted. I got over our relationship not to long after I think the first thing I thought of after Mike and I ended was David I never got over David I just hid my feelings for them locked them away while I was with Mike. I could talk to David forever and tell him anything I could say anything and not be worried what he would say or think of me. Whenever I was upset the only person I ever wanted to talk to was David although that was never the case I never talked to him when I was upset or mad about something. So when I did have emotions like that I kept them I know I should have told people but David was the only one I really wanted to talk to.
When David and I were in grade eleven we went out for lunch one day the first day in a long time that it was only David and I with no one else around. I decided this would be the day that I finally asked David how he felt about me really told me how he felt. We got in my car and drove up the street to grab some lunch when we got back in my car I just spit it out
“ David you know I have liked you ever since we were little right” “yeah I no” he told me
“Well I just want to know if liking you is just a was of my time, time that could be spent looking for someone who actually does have feelings for me” I asked him
“Emma I know I have never told you this but you are he only girl I have actually had feelings for the one girl I have liked since that day I looked into your beautiful blue eyes and saw your amazing blonde hair you made me feel like there was noting in the world but you and me” he explained to me
We both turned to each other and looked into each other’s eyes and then the most amazing thing happened to me he kissed me this kiss was like no other kiss I have felt before it was incredible The touch of his lips on mine made me feel safe and warm inside. This was the first day of the rest of my life the most amazing life nothing I could ever ask for.
Years went by and David and I grew up a lot and learned even more about each other things we never knew about one another. He had become the man I loved and the one I would spend the rest of my life with. We both loved kids and always wanted a couple we had three a couple of years after our beautiful fall wedding with only our closest friends and family the ones we loved. We did many wonderful things together and went to many incredible places together we grew old together and were always with each other we were in love the never ending kind of love. We were both ninety five both very weak living in a elderly home the only good part about this was that we were still together and still in love. One day while we were eating lunch David all of a sudden David feel to the ground at that very moment I stood there and for a couple of seconds I couldn’t breath I felt as if my world had ended like it was all over. At that very moment in time I as well feel to the floor beside the man I have spent my life with the one I have loved ever since I looked into his eyes way back in grade five. Together we went away to another place, to another adventure together hand in hand.

This is a story about true love and how if you love someone don't ever give up because one day your dreams may come a reality. This story has true facts to it.

ashkash95 SILVER, New Hyde Park, New York

"Love never fails." 1 Corinthians 13:8

too cute...kinda reminds me of Taylor Swift's song "mary's song" just cuz of the whole knowing since they were little and everything...it was really good! :)

deus-ex-machina14 BRONZE, Stewartsville, New Jersey

"There are two main tragedies in life. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it." -Oscar Wilde

I agree completely. You've got a good imagination for writing fiction, but you should work on your grammar and take ellie315's advice!!

airhead75 said...
airhead75, Los Angeles, California

"NEVER HOLD BACK, NEVER HESITATE, ALWAYS GO FOR IT ALL, AND SOMETIMES JUST BE A DUMBASS AND DO SOMETHING STUPID, LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES AND DON'T WASTE A MINUTE"

that was one of the most romantic stories ive ever read!!  

ellie315 GOLD said...
ellie315 GOLD, South Pasadena, California

"And this, our life, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in everything." -- William Shakespeare

i agree, the plotline is good but the grammar and writing style were pretty iffy. there were a lot of grammatical errors and typos; it makes it clear that you didn't proofread this. the only way to make writing better is to:

read read read

write write write

and PROOFREAD PROOFREAD PROOFREAD.

if you do those three things for the rest of your life, you'll be a pretty dang good author!

RedButterfly said...
RedButterfly, Grand Blanc, Michigan

One bright day in the middle of the night, two dead boys rose to fight. Back to back they faced eachother, drew their swords and shot one another. The deaf policeman heard the noise and saved the lives of the two dead boys.

Its a beautiful story. But the writing style could definitely be improved upon. The manner in which you wrote was juvenile at best. It distracted from the excellent plot. Hope this helps. :)