The Gas Station | Teen Ink

The Gas Station

By Nerdster BRONZE, Metairie, Louisiana
Nerdster BRONZE, Metairie, Louisiana

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
George Carlin

I first saw him at the gas station back in town. He was gorgeous, irresistible even. Everything about him seemed to call to me. It was like Déjà Vu. I had seen him before, but I couldn’t recall where? My dreams that was it, he was the boy I had always dreamed of, but never got or could ever approach. I knew instantly I was in love with this mystery guy. He had jet black hair, piercing golden eyes, no, hazel. His face was expressionless and his eyes had seen many things I could tell. I stood at the register looking at him. He turned around and I quickly looked away. My heart was beating like it wanted to jump out of my chest. I could feel him looking at me, like he was looking directly into my soul. I got my gas and swiftly walked out of the store, forgetting my change and my Spearmint gum. As I was pumping my gas he walked out of the store and headed in my direction. My heart was fluttering again. I was scared and I didn’t know why, but I knew this guy was trouble. “Hey you left this in the store” he said. His voice was cold, but soft and comforting somehow. I loved it already.

“Oh tha-thank you” I stammered out. I was suddenly nervous talking to him. How absurd I thought to myself. He handed me my change and my gum. His skin was so soft, but cool. He turned and walked away. I wanted to run after him and tell him everything. I wanted to know him. Instead I finished pumping and got back into my car. My phone was vibrating next to me. I picked it up and looked at it. It was my boyfriend. I answered. “Hey Lil, when are you getting home?” he asked in his raspy voice that I loved.

“Oh, in a few Adrian” I said. I felt horrible that just a second ago I was falling over a guy I had just seen. I loved Adrian and I wanted to marry him. That guy just totally took me off guard. I know if I ever met him I would fell in love and that just could not happen. “Okay babe. I love you’ he said sweetly. I felt better instantly better. Adrian was the guy I loved and I wouldn’t see that again.
“I love you too” I said. I meant it.

JessieB SILVER said...
JessieB SILVER, Elkton, Maryland

an eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind~Ghandi

this was really good(:

ps. you think you can check out some of my stories?? thanks(:♥