Forgetable Soulmate | Teen Ink

Forgetable Soulmate

By Lover_that_Hates DIAMOND, Reynolds, Georgia
Lover_that_Hates DIAMOND, Reynolds, Georgia

"She was fascinated with words. To her words were things of beauty, each like a magical powder or potion that could be combinded with other words to create powerful spells." From: Lighting(By: Dean Koontz)

It’s crazy how you can know someone so well; absolutely crazy. And it’s even crazier how in love you can be with someone without them noticing.

How could he not see the way I look at him? I am his best friend, after all. Shouldn’t he notice things like that? He knows everything about me; almost has much as I know about him. Not only have we completely grown up together, but we’re also all each other have. His dad is…never around, and my parents are flakes. He and I spend ever holiday together, every birthday; everything important and not.

On the Fourth of July he would buy one firework, the biggest he could find, and then after we let it fly, we would watch The Patriot while eating burnt popcorn, because he always cooks it for too long. On Thanksgiving—after the quiet forced and formal dinner apart with our parents—we would go down to the local bistro and order two turkey sandwiches (with mayo). On Easter we would make hard-boiled eggs and have a food fight with them in his back yard; letting his German Shepherd clean up after us.
His favorite movie is Never Back Down, and his favorite television show is How I Met Your Mother. Green is his favorite color. He can play twenty of my favorite songs on his old guitar—though he would never tell you. His eyes are the same dark blue as his father’s; their only real similarity in my opinion. He would never let anyone see him cry (except for me, of course). He loves to argue about the world—as if it has revealed itself to him. His little sister is a lot like him: beautiful. He loves her more than he will admit. To him the world is black and white; no grey areas. He can see through peoples’ lies, their masks, and their excuses.

If only he could see through me. I know how obvious I am, despite my best efforts, but he—the guy who sees through everyone—can’t see the poorly hidden truth in my eyes.
On Christmas, we buy each other a present, bake deformed gingerbread men, and eat them while watching A Charlie Brown Christmas on DVD.
If you asked me if I love him, I’d lie to you.
I’m seating in the passenger seat of his car—my second home since sophomore year— watching the sunlight catch every color in his eyes. He’s telling me about his night with his dad (not so happily). He swears he’ll never fall in love, I laugh with a silent hope that he’s wrong. We talk and joke, going about our day, but every moment he seems to take my breath away.
To say I don’t love him would be…an obvious lie.

This piece is inspired by a Taylor Swift song:(I'd Lie)& also by another article on teenink by the same name:(I'd Lie). Hope they don't mind me writing this. Anyway, its about loving someone and no nessassarily being rejected but unstead your love goes completly unnoticed. Sad: I know.

alaskatrailmutt, Jefferson, Maryland
Hah I haven't heard signal fire just say yes. Crack the shutters is pretty good :) Same is a good song to :)

umm well i love Chasing Cars and Just Say Yes. i also like Crack the Shutters, Signal Fire, & Same!

alaskatrailmutt, Jefferson, Maryland
OMG really? They are awesome. XD I love them! Every song they have is PERFECT!! XD What songs do you really like?

I love Snow Patrol!!! lol

alaskatrailmutt, Jefferson, Maryland
Hah true sorru typed that wrong XD Me ether :D lol! Who r u listening to? I am listening to "Same" by Snow Partrol. Yet another one of my bands no one has heard of XD Uh they sing "Chasing cars"

Thank you so much! lol I agree with you that Music is the sound of writing! Personal I cant write a single sentance without a little background music! :)

alaskatrailmutt, Jefferson, Maryland
Wow that was amezzzzzing!Sad though. I can't relate but I can empithize and that would be very bad. Love your insperation. Music is the sould of writing if you ask me. I loved it wow! Way to go! Keep writng that was great!

TerraTAZz GOLD said...
on Jul. 31 2010 at 9:33 am
TerraTAZz GOLD, Sapulpa, Oklahoma

Nobody goes through life without a scar.

-carol burnett

Amazinggg! You aree gifted! Love the story and the rhyme at the end! It was greatt keep writingg:)

on Jul. 27 2010 at 10:16 am
OfficialApprover PLATINUM, Orefield, Pennsylvania

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
We cannot change the cards we're dealt just how we play the hand
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
It's pretty easy to be smart when you're parroting smart people
-Randy Pausch

I love this, Taylor Swift is amazing, I also wrote a piece based on one of her songs.  You expressed it perfectly, it is bittersweet.  Great job.

Btw, could you check out and comment on my work?

Babylufin GOLD said...
Babylufin GOLD, Liberal, Missouri

"'For I know the plans I have for you', declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11. Thank you Lord, for this future you've given me.

I agree: bittersweet. And very good at that. :)

Please check out my work! :)

on Jul. 24 2010 at 11:52 am
AnnaNana PLATINUM, Corinth, Mississippi

Live the way you die- All of a sudden: That's the way to go.

ove the song and article!!

PC0916 BRONZE said...
on Jul. 24 2010 at 2:02 am
PC0916 BRONZE, Neskowin, Oregon

"Women are brain ninjas!" -Dane Cook

I can totally relate to this piece! Great job!

CloudWanderer BRONZE, Wheelersburg, Ohio

"We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing."

"Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of your true love. If you must steal, steal from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. If you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away."

Looove iiiiittt! It's really great. Bittersweet. Better, in a way, than the predictable hollywood mush.