A Summer To Die For ch. 4 pt. 3 | Teen Ink

A Summer To Die For ch. 4 pt. 3

June 23, 2010
By taylorf463 GOLD, Marion, Kentucky
taylorf463 GOLD, Marion, Kentucky
13 articles 0 photos 152 comments

Favorite Quote:
If he'll lie for you, he'll lie to you.

An ending was an ending. No matter how many pages of sentences and paragraphs of great stories let up to it, it would always had the last word.


“That was,” Matt paused, “something.”
“Something out of a horror movie.” We both laughed at my joke. “But really; I met your parents. That is a big step in any relationship.”
“Parent.” He corrected me, Matt really didn’t like his stepfather. “And Sadie set it up, I didn’t just introduce you.” It seemed like if Aunt Sadie hadn’t arranged this, I never would’ve met his parents. Matt didn’t seem to care whether I knew them or not. It wasn’t supposed to be like that. But I had already met his parents, so there was no need to worry about it now.
“Speaking of family, where was your brother?’
“Who knows?” Then added under his breath, “The little dorky kid.”
His use of the word ‘kid’ didn’t sound like the fun and playful way you talked to your younger cousin. He acted as if Josh was an actual kid. A kid older than me. “So, if he’s a kid, what’s that make me?”
He just looked at me, a straight and serious face. “You’re my girlfriend.” That didn’t answer the question. He hadn’t really answered any of my questions that night.
“Enough family stuff,” Matt told me, “Who cares if you babbled and said all the wrong things in front of my parents causing them to look at you like you had two heads. It doesn’t matter. You are my, not their, girlfriend. My girlfriend.”
“At least Aunt Sadie likes you.”
“Yeah.” Matt had my hand and making small circles with his thumb on the back of it.
“Mmm-hmm. Uncle Mike, too.”
“You’re mine, and that’s all that matters. You. Are. Mine.” Matt looked straight into my eyes and gave me the sweetest kiss.


The author's comments:
This really didn't fit into Chapter 5, so I added it to four and made it part three. Enjoy. :)