Two Boys 3 | Teen Ink

Two Boys 3

By Sixteen PLATINUM, Jaipur, Other
Sixteen PLATINUM, Jaipur, Other

Its not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. - Calvin

''I need your help''

After the unfortunate conversation I decided that I am going to ask James to pretend to be my boyfriend in front of Peter. I had given a lot of thought to it and if I told Peter the truth now, he will think i'm crazy and then i'll have to tell him everything, and I just couldn't tell him, it hurt too much and sharing it with Peter can make him think that he could make it okay but no one can make it okay. Also. I would have to tell him why I lied in the first place and I didn't want to break his heart.

Although I was mostly telling James because of a purely selfish reason. I hoped that if he pretends to be my boyfriend maybe it will make him realize how he loves spending time with me and he will probably want to get back together. So, without thinking futher I called him up and now I can't back out.

''Is something wrong?? You want me to come to your place??''
Hearing James say this made me smile, it was so like the old times, it didn't matter that it was 11:00 in the night,he would come if I asked him to.

''No, nothings wrong but I need to tell you something"
''what??"
"At the Inn I met this guy, Peter, and ya we became kinda good friends and then on my last day he asked me out."
''Did you say yes?,do you even know this guy?, Did he do anything?, I swear ill break his bones if he tried to do anything wi-
"Whoa! relax, I did not say yes but I was so flustered that I-I...I"
"What did you say??"
"I said I already have a boyfriend and then I ran away..And today he called me and said that we should meet up. i was going to tell him that I said wrong but he didn't let me finish and then he asked me my boyfriend's name and I blurted out your name."

I heard silence and then I thought maybe I shouldn't have said that.So then I said-
"okay sorry, I know I shouldn't have but I panicked and he thinks we are going to meet him tomorrow but i'll tell him that I am a stupid and pathetic loser who cannot say no to guys and makes up stories to get out of it. Sorry for asking you..by-"

" Ofcourse I'll help you, I was just a little taken aback. So, what are we supposed to do?"
"Meet him at coney Island at 5 and you have to be my boyfriend, I mean pretend to be...."
"Okay, that wont be a problem but you need to tell me something."
"What?"
"Why did you say I was your boyfriend?"
"I told you I panicked I said the first thing that came out of my mouth, which is why I ran away!!!!''
''okay okay, so i'll pick you up tomorrow, be ready"
"James.."
"ya?"
"Thank you so much."
"Izzy,"hearing his nickname for me made me happy for a second but then he said, " our break...somethings can't change lifelong friendships."
And I wanted to cry cause we were anything but just friends.
"Thanks James, i'l see you tomorrow."
"Bye"

I didn't know what to think because he had sounded so sweet and concerened and he was angry that I said yes, not happy that I had moved on, so maybe this might just work out and we might get back together.
For the first time in months, I went back to bed feeling happy,dreaming of tomorrow and forgetting one thing.

It was going to be me, James, Peter and some people I didn't know.
Awkward.
How did my life turn so upside down??

Next day we reached Coney Island by 4:45 and went towards the entrance.
The ride had not been awkward, it was comfortable and easy, it felt like a part of my routine.
"Can you see him?"
"No..Yes!, you see that blond guy in the black tee, standing with a red-haired girl.."
"Peter Collins?"
"Ye-...you know him??"
"Sure we met at that Summer music thing I went to.."
"Oh"......I said but inside I was freaking out.
This was so not how I planned. They weren't supposed to know each other, that could lead to a disaster.
"IS!!!!"
I opened my mouth to reply but then he said-
"No way!, James??" and then he looked at me and did a double take and then he said, "You are Brandon's Izzy???..but didn't you guys split up because of Amanda?"

Oh man..I am dead.

After this, I'm stuck,so if you have any ideas,please help me