Unexpected Path 2 | Teen Ink

Unexpected Path 2

March 21, 2010
By TheReader SILVER, Avon, Colorado
TheReader SILVER, Avon, Colorado
8 articles 0 photos 42 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Go for whatever you want, even if your friends aren't backing you up. "


"Will you go out with me?"
"Uh...."

"Sure, but I want you to know that only means we are dating. Not boyfriend and girlfriend."
"We'll see were things take us."
I grabbed my things and walked back inside. I was walking down the halls when I heard hard footsteps coming at me. I ran to the side of the hallway and say it was Corey.
"Hey. Sorry to scare you I just wanted to know if you wanted to go to dinner tomorrow night at six."
I let go of the breathe I just realized I'd been holding in. "Sure."
I turned around and walked towards my class.

When I got home I went upstairs and began my homework. Around 8pm I got a phone call.
"Hey."
"Hey. What's up? I haven't spoken to you in awhile."
"Well you could find out if you go outside."
"What do you mean?"
"Go outside."
I dropped my phone and ran downstairs. I opened my door and recieved a cold blast of wind. I looked out and no one was there. I was about to close the door when Damen stepped in the way. I ran up to him with excitment. I jumped and he caught me. We hugged for what seemed like a very long time and by then I already began to cry.
"Come on baby, don't cry. You're making me cry."
"Sorry I've just really missed you, that's all."
"Well are you going to invite me in or do I have to hug you out here."
"Right. Sorry." I started to walk in and he grabbed my hand. I looked back and smiled. Once we got to my room we sat down on my bed and talked for the rest of the night.

I woke up with Damen's arm around my waist. I turned around to face him and he started to open his eyes.
"Hello there, sunshine."
"Hey." I said with a smile growing on my face.
"Do you feel like going to school today?" Now that I said that I was starting to wonder how long he was staying here.
"How long are you planning on staying?"
"Do you want me to go?"
"NO! I was just wondering."
"As long as you want me, baby."
I could feel myself starting to blush, so I burried my face in his chest. We stayed like that for a long time, until a knock came from my door.
"Renee hurry up you are going to be late to school."
"Okay."
Damen was already out of bed and heading to the shower.
"I don't have men shampoo."
"That's fine. I have some." While he showered I was in the bathroom getting ready.
"Can you hand me a towel, baby?"
I looked under my sink for a towel and remembered that I had them drying.
"Um...I have some downstairs. Let me go get them." I ran downstairs and grabbed a towel.
"Renee..."
I didn't let my mom finish because I was in my room with he door closed already.
"Here."
I came out half naked and I froze.
"Renee are you okay?"
I snapped back to reality and gave him a reashuring grin. I turned around to give him some privacy and went to my closet.
"Honey are you ready?"
"Yup." I jumped because he was right behind me.
"Well let's go eat before we are late for school."

We went downstairs and I heard a piercing, loud scream.
"Damen! What are you doing here? Come here and give me a hug."
"Mom, leave him alone." I began to laugh because my moom was hugging him to death."Mom, haha,stop it."
"Okay, but make sure you get here on time because I want us to go to dinner tonight."
I tucked my hand in Damen's and dragged him to my car.

Once we got to school I headed to my locker before I took Damen to the office to get him enrolled. When I arrived to my locker Corey showed up.
"Hey." He looked to my left where Damen was holding my hand. "Who's this?"
"This is my friend from my home town. He came to visit last night."
"Oh well are we still on for tonight?"
"Actually I needed to talk to you about that. My mom wants us to all go to dinner tonight, so I'm going to need a rain check."
"okay how about tomorrow?" I looked at Damen and he gave me his look that said he already had plans for us.
"Sorry I can't. How about Sunday?"
Corey didn't look too happy,"Sure."
"Okay, well I have to go get Damen set up. Bye." I started walking towards the office, when the bell rang.
"Don't worry baby I can meet you at lunch."
"Okay."

On my way to lunch Shannon stopped me from getting in line to buy lunch.
"Excuse me Miss. Person who doesn't tell me anything anymore. Even if that something is about a hot dude waiting for you at our table, even though you are dating Corey."
"First off, me and Corey aren't boyfriend and girlfriend, so I can date how many people at a time. And second, he's an old friend who's just visiting. If you want to meet him let me get my food and we'll head over there."
"Great!"

"Damen, this is Shannon. Shannon this is Damen."
Shannon rushed to sit next to him before I could. I ended up sitting across from him. During the entire lunch period Shannon flirted with Damen, while I was stuck with James and Katy, who are also dating.
*Ring*

The rest of the day was a blur. I sat through every class wanting the day to end. Every other class just seemed to drag and I sat there just day dreaming and trying to get my head from seeing Shannon and Damen flirt with each other. But why? He's mine! Actually he's just my "friend." But I kind of like him. No. I don't like him more than a friend. Maybe.

"Renee can I talk to you?"
What did Corey want? Did he see the way me and Damen always hold hands while we walk each other to class.
"Right now, maybe."
"Er-sure..."

To be continued...


The author's comments:
Please rate and comment.