Foreign Love Part Two: Chapter 11 | Teen Ink

Foreign Love Part Two: Chapter 11

By JohnnyDeppLover123 DIAMOND, Holyoke, Massachusetts
JohnnyDeppLover123 DIAMOND, Holyoke, Massachusetts

Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
William Shakespeare

My stomach kept growling and growling until it hurt way too much. I stood up feeling really dizzy. My legs were shaking really hard. I walked over to the edge of the ship and leaned over.

As I looked down all I could see were the huge blue waves crashing into the side of the ship and bouncing up and down with our ship. Looking at the water didn’t help me. My head felt light-headed. I bent over even more and puked. I felt just a little bit better as I lifted my head up but my legs weren’t.

The man rushed over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist while Rose (reluctantly) did the same. They walked me over to the only table where the food was at. “You need to eat up. Here have some of this” the man said. He handed me a bowl of fruits and some soft warm bread. “Thanks.” “No problem. Now eat it up.” I did as he said and first went for the cold fruits. They felt good coming down my throat, especially the watermelon. I took a sip of the orange juice and was already feeling better. Then I picked up the warm bread in my hands. I took my first bite. I felt sad. The way my lips met the warm bread reminded me of James. But instead I took bigger bites and chugged down the orange juice. I’m going to meet him soon, so don’t worry I thought to myself.

I stood up and went back to my corner and sat there looking at the pale blue sky above. I was feeling tired so I laid down on the ships’ floor and turned myself over to look at the waves to help me doze off. Just before closing my eyes the man walked over and spread across my body a nice, soft and warm blanket. I snuggled inside it and finally dozed off.

*

*

*

Just like what I was expecting, I was dreaming of James. I really thought I was going crazy. So far he was all I could think about. I guess you never really know what you had and how special it is until it’s finally gone. I missed him so much that I really didn’t care that he was all I could think about.

This time it wasn’t on the boat or at the beach. It was where you could see so much of Paris, the Eiffel Tower. It was night just like last time and the tower was lit up with hundreds of thousands of lights. I and he were at the highest peak of the Eiffel tower. There was no one else, just the two of us alone. We were holding hands and looking over at Paris.

The entire city was lit up with bright lights. You could smell the bread that had just finished being cooked for the last customers of the night. Up above were the same stars as the last time. I turned around because James had let go of my hand. He walked over to the radio that was sitting there on a stool and turned it on. To my surprise it was Jack Johnson’s Better Together. He smiled at me and walked over back to me. He grabbed me by the waist and pressed my body against his. I stretched out my arms to put around his neck and rested my head against his shoulder. He pressed me closer to him and started moving. As me and him danced I inhaled again his delicious scent. Again he laughed and snuggled his head closer to mine and whispered in my ear. “I love you.” I laughed and continued dancing with him for the rest of the night.

*

*

*