Love Spell | Teen Ink

Love Spell

February 13, 2010
By `snickers SILVER, Tarlac, Other
`snickers SILVER, Tarlac, Other
8 articles 0 photos 12 comments

It was an ordinary day for a girl working this summer at a small shop of perfumes. She yawned and looked around, observing nicely arranged bottles of perfume with the sound of a radio playing old love songs. There was no way she can distract herself for everything seemed well-organized, that the least possible way she can do is to entertain customers… except that there were no customers for the last 5 hours. She’s just there, seated still at the pink chair near the counter.

Feeling bummed out?still trapped in the frames of boredom?she took out the cake she brought on her lunch box and started eating it fervently, enjoying the slice and garnished icing. The chimes near the entrance echoed in the room as a young man?a usual and almost daily customer, she noticed?appeared with a smile plastered on his face.

“Does your mom want another bottle?”She asked knowing this as his often intentions.

“No, I?it’s for someone…” he trailed off.

“For a girl?” She grinned. It sounds more of a statement than a question.

“Yes.” He smiled like an idea popped out in his mind.

Aside from saving money for college, she knew why she agreed on getting a job at the perfume job this summer.

She observed him as he moved around to smell the testers aligned in a row. She didn’t realize that she was smiling not until he had caught her first. She looked away, scrutinizing his physical features at the corner of her eyes. She tried distracting herself once again; eating the cake though her hands were a little uneasy.

“Hmm… this smells good.”

“Oh that?” She peered through the bottle he was holding, “Oh! It’s my favorite, Love Spell.” She smiled.

“Love Spell?” He asked.

“Yea,” she answered, stuffing herself with a spoon of cake, “It’s not literally a love spell potion witchcraft thing-y but they named it Love Spell.”

“Oh…” he picked up the bottle of tester and made his way to the counter.

“Are you going to buy that? Because we don’t sell testers and? whoa! What are you doing?!” She almost stumbled back but the young man was able to slip down his hand behind to catch her.

“Well… it’s a tester, right?” He smiled and the girl nodded, “So I thought I’d test it on you.”

“W-What??”

“Now,” his hands reached up to her face to wipe the icing left on the side of her mouth, “let me see if the spell works.”

And with that, he drew his head near and kissed her passionately. After they parted, they were both smiling at each other, looking with great intensity on each other’s eyes. The boy bit his lower lip, remembering the taste of the kiss he had with her. It wasn’t the love spell; it was the sweet scent of icing in her mouth. (:


The author's comments:
Happy Valentine's Day!