First Kiss | Teen Ink

First Kiss

By FashionGuru DIAMOND, Manhattan, New York
FashionGuru DIAMOND, Manhattan, New York

"I don't do fashion, I am fashion." -Coco Chanel

He's one of my best friends. I congratulate him on his play performance off stage, right after the show. Red velvet envelops me as i get pushed and shoved further back into the stage. Then, in all of the commotion, I see him and it's instantly only the two of us in my mind. His dark hair and emerald eyes pierce me as he walks near.
"Hi," he mouths from across the platform.
"Hey," i mouth back, trying to be nonchalant. But i am not fairing well. He reaches me and i take in the beautiful sight of him in his blue and white baseball shirt, my favorite. The only problem is, we're only friends. And by friends, i mean utter and complete friends. Truth is the foundation of our relationship. What i feel about him could devastate what we have.
He comes a little closer and i put on hand on the blue of his shirt and lean in to give him a kiss on the cheek. My lips hit his skin hard and i'm overwhelmed with him. When i pull away, he tilts and our lips brush for a small, magnetic moment. Then i pull away, desperate for him not to find my secret and pull the plug on US.
He smiles, then grabs my hand and pulls me in for a real kiss.

I had a dream last night that this exact thing happened between me and a guy whom i still have feelings for.