Hearts Left in the Dust | Teen Ink

Hearts Left in the Dust

By FlamableFyre DIAMOND, Spartanburg, South Carolina
FlamableFyre DIAMOND, Spartanburg, South Carolina

I don't have ambitions or desires.
Being a poet isn't my ambition,
it's my way of being alone.
~ Fernando Pessoa ~

"Plesae leave me alone..."
"No." His voice made her heart turn to ice.
"Oh, for God's sake..." Yet the dashing young heartbreaker cut her off again,
"I refuse to leave. I love you"
"Sure you do, sarcastic venom seaped off her tongue.
"I do." He reached for her hand, but she glared a glare that made him take two steps back.
"I wish for you to leave, if you really loe me, you would do this for me."
"Your wishes arent always fulfilled."
"No, you're wrong."
"They're always fulfilled?"
"No, again, you are wrong, they're never fulfilled, you've made sure of that."
"But.." However, the wretched soul of a woman cut him off this time.
"No, I've always kept quite. I've never told you what I want in hpes that you'd already know th right answer." Her voice roase and her heart shattered with the effort to stay in one piece. "However, you'v never guessed correctly. And the one time I tell you what I want, you deny me the right!"

Tears sprung to her eyes, but she was so used to them, she hardly noticed. "When you left, I begged yu to stay, but you refused. When you came back, i begged from the bottom of my heart for you to leave, nd again you refuse to do what I ask of you.

"If ou do not ive me what I ask the one time i actually ask somethign of you-and a very little something at that-then i will go to great extends to leave you in the dust. I will travel the world non-stop in efforts to get away from you. And when I get tired of running, I will turn around and curse you until you drown in a storm of daggers of your own making!"
"What if," he asked, "I follow you , what if i forget every word you say?" he questioned her thoughts, like he always did. However, this questioning was not the kind that is encouraged by the philosophers of the world. It is the kind that is made to insult the very idea of her life.
"Then," she replied, "I will slowly begin to disappear, then you will have no mouth to kiss, no eyes to water, and no heart to break. You will have nothing." She stated this with the upmost confidence. "We are now a lost cause, thanks to you." She finished her rant and he finally turned to leave, and she never looked back.

Heartbreak, crying, cry, leave, go back, look, lost, cause, go, away, go away

BelmaH said...
I think the topic is good, but there are a lot of typos. i would recommed going over it again and perhaps adding something personal on each of the characters. you're off to a good start tho!

I don't have ambitions or desires.
Being a poet isn't my ambition,
it's my way of being alone.
~ Fernando Pessoa ~

sorry, the author comment thing is a little messed up