Cold Pizza | Teen Ink

Cold Pizza

October 28, 2009
By EHunt96 PLATINUM, Swampscott, Massachusetts
EHunt96 PLATINUM, Swampscott, Massachusetts
32 articles 0 photos 215 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about."


Me and my friends walk to that yummy pizza place a lot. Our favorite place. Our as in you and me. Every time I walk in that red door, you are sitting at one of the tables. I remember one time, my best friend and I decided we wanted to eat there. We passed by just to see if anyone was in there. YOU were. You and your used-to-be best friend. My best friend giggled, "You should go in there. Let's go." I really did not want to see you because i knew you didn't love me the way I loved you. She insisted on it. I ran past the door several times. She chased after me. You and your friend watched. You saw me and her run past. You saw us look at the door and turn around. We saw you laugh. She dragged me to the door, and stiffly held onto my arm, so I couldn't loosen her grip. She whispered, "Come on.." We slowly entered the pizza shop. We saw you. I ignored you, but she smiled. We tried to order pizza, but we kept laughing. She punched me in the stomach to keep from laughing because we just had to. We couldn't help that the one day we chose to go there, you are there. We sat down at the table across from you and we waited for our food. She nudged me and whispered, "They are staring." Sure enough, you were. I just glanced around the place casually and then laid my eyes on you for a second. We looked into each other's eyes for a moment, but quickly dropped our gazes. I started cracking up. Me and my best friend laughed so hard, I felt like I was going to die. My stomach ached and my eyes were watering and on top of that I had just chugged a soda. Me and her tried to make conversation which did not work out very well, because you and him were trying too. So, the place was basically silent. Finally, you and your so called 'friend' were finished with your pizza. I felt my cheeks glow as you stepped closer to our table. You looked at me and said, "Here. You can have my change." You placed 3 dollars and who knows how many cents on the table, smiled and walked away. Me and my best friend looked at each other dazed, like we didn't know what just happened. We rushed through our pizza trying to eat as fast as we could so we could get out of there and run after you. We yelled, "Thanks!" to the managers of the pizza place and we sprinted out the door. We screamed your name but you did not answer. We looked everywhere for you but we could not find you. We thought you had run away. Which is exactly what you had done. You had run away from the only person who had ever TRULY loved you.