EC+AM=4ever Chapter 1 | Teen Ink

EC+AM=4ever Chapter 1

By TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois

He's the one I call in the middle of the night. He's the one who makes everything alright. He loves me with no regret...I just haven't found him yet.

6:00 p.m.

Evalynne's House

Dear Diary,

Today I met someone. A boy. He just moved in next door, him and his mom. He doesn't live with his dad and he doesn't have any siblings. His name is Ash, Ash Mongolia. I was kind of shy when I met him. All I did was quickly introduce myself. But today when I looked out my bedroom window, I saw him making his bed. The window of his room is right across from the window in my room.

Ash has light blonde hair that's done in a spiky hair style. He's strong-looking with broad shoulders and a tight six-pack. His eyes are a grayish-blue that remind me of the Atlantic ocean. I hope that one day we can go down to the ocean and hang out. I love going to the beach and just watching the waves roll in.

I hope that we can become friends. Or maybe even more than that. opefully, I won't be as shy once I get to know him better. But he'll probably just completely ignore me anyways and go hang out with Julianne Wiggins or Kelly Richardson.

Well I've got to go now. Mom's calling me down for dinner.

I put down my diary and walked downstairs to eat dinner. We were having grilled chicken with pasta salad. As I bit into a pesto-soaked noodle, Mom asked, "So have you met the new neighbors yet?"

"Yeah, I met one of them. The teenager, Ash is his name." I replied.

"Oh, well is he nice?" Dad asked.

"Yeah, I guess so," I said.

"Is he cute?" Mom said in a sing-song voice.

I rolled my eyes. "There's no way I'm discussing cute guys with you."

"So he is cute!"

"Ugh, fine! I admit it, he's cute. There, are you happy?"

Mom smiled at me jovially and I had to smile back. We would always have these pointless faux fights with each other.

"I haven't gotten a good look at him yet. What does he look like?" she asked me.

"He has spiky blonde hair, pale skin. He actually kind of looks like a mix of Ryan Phillippe and Christopher Masterson before he grew a beard." I told her.

"Ooh, he definitely sounds like he's cute." she complimented.

"Ok, can we stop talking about cute boys, please? It's not exactly my favorite dinner topic." Dad said.

"Ok, what do you want to talk about?" Mom asked him.

"Well it's the first day of summer vacation. Do you have any idea what you're going to do over the summer?" he asked me.

"I don't know." I replied. "Hang out with Kristy?" I said it more as a question than a statement.

"I think you should get to know our new neighbors." Mom told me suggestively.

"We'll see, Mom. But he's probably going to meet someone like Julianne Wiggins or Kelly Richardson and hang out with them." I said, referring to the two most beautiful, popular, and stuck-up girls in my school.

"You don't know that. I'm sure that if you talked to him a few more times, you two could become friends."

"If you say so," I replied, knowing that would never happen. With my untamable hair, braces, and plain black-framed glasses, I wouldn't even recieve a passing glance from Ash. I sighed and finished eating my dinner in silence.

When I was done with my dinner, I went back up to my room and plopped down on my bed. I pulled out my worn, dog-eared copy of Twilight and began reading it for the fifth time. But I saw something out of the corner of my eye that caused me to put favorite book down.

It was Ash. He was standing in his room, taking his shirt off. I knew it was an invasion of privacy, but I just couldn't tear my eyes away from the window. I sat there on my bed, gazing at his chiseled abs. Yeah, he was definitely a six-pack.

Then his eyes met mine and I gasped in panic. He had seen me staring at him. He began walking over to his window, and I sat frozen in place on my bed, not knowing what to do. Then he opened it up, and motioned for me to open mine too.

So I hesitantly approached my window, and opened it.

"You should take a picture, it'll last longer." he said, sticking his head out the window so that I could hear him.

I looked down at my beat up, plain white Keds. "Sorry," I muttered.

"Sorry, I can't hear you. You're going to have to speak up a little." he said.

I picked my head up to face him and said at a normal volume, "Sorry. For...staring at you, I mean."

He laughed lightly, "It's ok. Lots of girls tend to stare at me out the window."

"Oh, ok," I replied, sounding completely stupid. Gosh, I was making a total fool out of myself.

"It was a joke." he informed me, laughing again. "We met earlier, right?"

"Uh, yeah,"

"What did you say your name was again?" he asked.

"Evalynne,"

"Evalynne." he repeated. "That's a nice name."

"Oh, uh, thanks," Why couldn't I just be myself around him? Why did I have to act so shy and nervous?

"You don't have to be so nervous around me." he said, as if he were reading my mind. "I'm just a regular person."

I blushed beet red. "Oh, sorry,"

"And you don't have to keep apologizing either."

"Oh, um, ok. Sorr-" I stopped myself before I could complete the word "sorry".

"Ok, well I've got to go now. I'll see you around, Evalynne." He shut his window and pulled down his blinds so that I couldn't peer into his house anymore.

I quickly shut my window and pulled down my own blinds. I felt like such an idiot!

Why was I cursed with shyness? Why couldn't I just have a normal conversation with Ash? Why, why, why?

I needed to call Kristy, my one and only friend. She was one of those friends who was always there for you, who always has your back. I could tell her anything and everything, because over our eight years of friendship, I've developed a strong trust towards her. I knew that she would always be loyal to me and never lie.

So I dialed her number into my cell phone and she picked up on the third ring.

"Hey, what's up?" she answered.

"Hi Kristy, this is an emergency." I told her. "A boy emergency."

"I'm all ears." she replied.

"Ok, there's this extremely hot guy named Ash that moved in next door to me. And his bedroom window is directly across from mine. So a few minutes ago I saw him taking his shirt off in his room. He saw me staring at him and then we talked with each other out the window. I made a complete fool out of myself!"

"How'd you do that?" she asked.

"Well I was painfully shy and nervous, which he noticed, and I kept on apologizing for every stupid thing that I said. And believe me, I said a lot of stupid things."

"Wow, you did not make a very good first impression." she commented.

"Kristy! I need help here! What am I supposed to do?" I cried.

"Well you could always talk to him again tomorrow. But this time you might want to act a little smoother."

"I can't talk to him again! I get way too nervous!"

"Well just act like your talking to me. Just act like yourself. The best way to impress someone is not to try."

"Thanks for the advice, you're a great help!" I told her. All I had to do was not try to impress him. Just like Kristy said, act like myself.

"What are friends for? Ok, well I've got to go now, bye!" Both of us hung up and I climbed back into my bed, picking up my copy of Twilight.

Tomorrow I would make sure that Ash knew that I was not just some shy, nervous, dorky freak who liked to stare at him when he was shirtless. I would act cool, calm, and collected. And I definitely wouldn't be shy.

This is chapter 1 of the novel I'm working on, EC+AM=4ever.

ashley112027 BRONZE, Grand Rapids, Michigan

"All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage. Just literally 20 seconds of embarrassing bravery, and I promise you, something great will come out of it."

I Love It... More Please!!! <3

LittleOldMe SILVER, Kitty Hawk, North Carolina

"Love is being stupid, together"

I love the plot! Can't wait for more. You are a fabulous writer!

Mariah_0.0 SILVER, Peyton, Colorado

Be the change you want to see in the world

You are sooo good! Keep up the good work! :D

camohunter19 GOLD, Sedro-Woolley, Washington

"Girls are so queer you never know what they mean. They say No when they mean Yes, and drive a man out of his wits for the fun of it." "Violence is never the answer! It is a question, and the answer is yes."

Nice job! Your charactors are well-devolped. I can't wait to see where this story goes next!

twix.n.pixi.stix7 GOLD, Stewartsville, New Jersey

"you can dream big
or you can dream small
the important thing
is that you're dreaming at all"
~me! haha i wrote that :)

i just finished reading this entire story...its amazing how innocent this seems to start off...

Eleganta123 BRONZE, Toronto, Other
Is this a mix of taylor swift's you belong with me and a bit of bridge to terabithia

SilverSunFlower, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania

Im so in love with this story!!!

xXmusicluvr4lifeXx BRONZE, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
hey its katie from youtube haha :)  i finally got an account on here so now i can ask u question about ur stories on ur actual story pages....btw laughed so hard when he caught her watching him haha

ikr!!! this is like the 3rd time i've read this series & i alwaaaays get so sad when i read about ash!!!

XoxoAshoxoX said...
XoxoAshoxoX, Berwyn, Illinois

“You must be the change you wish to see in the world.”

- Gandhi

Im in love with this story:)

thanx so much!! i'm seriously still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that people love my work so much! i'm really glad you like it :)

Kaylin_Mackenzie GOLD, Tomball, Texas

"You might not like me, but Jesus thinks I'm to die for!"
"L.O.V.E's just another word I'll never learn to pronounce...."

it's hard for me to read this...  i love ash...  ash... ash.... aaaaaaaash.  :(

Kaylin_Mackenzie GOLD, Tomball, Texas

I have reada this book so many times, but it just keeps getting better.  I'm always telly my friends at school about it, and they're all going to read it because it's the best in the world.

HippieNamedAnna PLATINUM, Kansas City, Missouri

Let It Be-The Beatles
Music is the only thing that makes sense any more-Me
Make love, not war-a bunch of people
Roses are red, Violets are blue, I have five fingers, The middle one's for you-Me :)

wow! awesome! chapter 2? i think yes!

lol yeah it's spiked, not super short, but not like really long...and it's dark blonde too :)

MyLifeAsCupid BRONZE, Janesville, Wisconsin

"How could an Alice girl like me,
Love a Hatter as mad as you?"

ditto dance away i'm hooked too. gr8 chapter. and i like how you include twilight in theree thats one of my favorit books. omg ash sounds rly hot but i smooth stomach is my kind of guy, i like the shy, nerdy but cute guys, but ash is hot enough for me so i'll role w/ it. and is his hair spiked or a skater dudes look cuz i imagine my guys with medium length hair, not too short and not too long. XD- loving the story already

C0olBeans BRONZE, Willingboro, New Jersey

‘If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain.’

This is so cute♥ i like it

Sketched97 PLATINUM, Silver Spring, Maryland
Wow this is really good! I thought it would be some regular cheesy thing, but it was awesome! im hooked.

k.james SILVER said...
k.james SILVER, Whitby, Other

"Love without action is meaningless, action without love is irrelevant." -Deepak Chopra

I would just like to say, that I read your whole book (some on quizilla) and it was fanominal! Keep up the amazing work :) But you might wanna reread it cuz there are some typos.

lol yeah so far i've posted up to chapter 42 & there's a total of 49 chapters, so i'll try to get the rest submitted today :)