Long Distance Friendship | Teen Ink

Long Distance Friendship

By CarlyG GOLD, Emmaus, Pennsylvania
CarlyG GOLD, Emmaus, Pennsylvania

"Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do." H. Jackson Brown Jr.

It was our last moment together before I left. It was just Daniel and I, looking at the clouds in the African sky. If there was ever a moment I wished to never forget, it was then. I can still see that one cloud that started it all...

"I'd say a firetruck," Daniel commented.
I looked at the clouds in the sky trying to find it.
"Nah, that is an igloo." I smiled at the thought of looking at clouds next to him. Just like we used too, when we were kids.
"In the middle of summer? I don't think so." He laughed. I looked around trying to point out anything obvious.
"Oh, hey look. That is deffinitaly a heart."
He sat up, and looked out at the odd shaped cloud in the sky.
"I think its yours."
I sat up along with him. Still looking at that same cloud.
"It's too beautiful to be mine." I plopped right back down on the grassy hill.
"I beg to differ." He said and laid back down next to me.
The silence between us grew. Untill he looked over at me, into my eyes. Words were not spoken, but we both knew what was being said. It was written all over his eyes. Even as the sun slowly fell, we stayed there exactly like that. Until I had to break it.
"My flight leaves soon." I stood up and just watched the sun change the sky from orange to pink.
"Please stay." He stood up and pleaded.
"I only wish I could. Even the sun has to leave each day."
"No."
"How can you simply deny that?" I asked in bewilderment.
"No, I...I don't want to forget this." He seemed torn.
"I won't be gone forever. But, I will leave my heart with you until I get back." I smiled gently.
The hardest goodbye I had ever had to give was to him right then at that moment. But I knew that I would see him again. Friendships like these never leave.

MarinaOreo GOLD, King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania

"Your soul is the whole world" -Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse

That's really amazing. I agree that you should keep writing. This made me smile :)

Anjo! SILVER said...
Anjo! SILVER, Roseburg, Oregon
Wow, this is amazing. Really short, i wanted more. Seriously. Keep writing. You are a really great writer. =]