First Kiss | Teen Ink

First Kiss

By Destyni BRONZE, Edmonton, Other
Destyni BRONZE, Edmonton, Other

"Are you afraid?" He asked, I relised that I was. My stomach jumped to my throat, like I was free falling.

"Terrified" I confessed.

"Terrified of me?" he looked hurt,

"No" I couldn't breathe with him this close to me. I was afraid to look up from my feet, else I might drown in his mist grey eyes. I swallowed my fear and glanced up to find his his face inches from mine. He smiled lighting up my world.

"You have beautiful eyes" He mused.

"I like yours better" I replied. Mine were generic blue, the kind of eyes people think are pretty, but those people have probably never seen eyes like the ones that were staring through me into my soul. Those eyes hid an entire different world. A world were a guy like him just might be able to fall in love with a girl like me.

"What are you thinking?" He asked.

"I love you" I whispered feeling the rightness of it.

"Come again?"

"I love you." I spoke clearly

"oh" His smile faltered and his face became thoughtful. My heart sank, and I felt tears spring to my eyes.

"Whats wrong?" he blinked shaking his shaggy dark hair from his eyes

"I'm trying to figure out if I'm dreaming" he explained
Now it was my turn to be surprised. "Why on earth would you think that?" I asked

"In what world would a girl like you love a guy like me?" He stated, turning my own thoughts backward. He was the amazing one. i was just lucky he was waisting his time hanging around with me. Yet there he stood telling me I was special.

"Your not dreaming" I assured him "I love you more than anything I've ever known."

"I love you too!" My heart exploded. Four words, four syllables and then sudently the world made sense, I felt complete, my world had a purpose, and I could solve Einstein's Fourth Conundrum. Okay, maybe not the last one.

Then his face was getting closer and I could feel myself falling faster and faster. Our lips met and the world was on fire. I felt strangely removed, but painfully, wonderfully alert. My senses were alive for the first time. It went on for an eternity, and it ended to soon.

As we broke apart I could still feel the ghost of his lips. I broke out into a huge grin.

"That was my first kiss!" I laughed

"I love you" He reminded me.

"I know."

CurlyQue said...
CurlyQue, Hampton, Tennessee
this was a really great story. everybody feels liike that atleast once.

paranomial PLATINUM, Hyderabad, Other
hey its amazingly wonderfully...reminded me of my past,n brought tears as i remembered a very similar situation...

Fredwardness SILVER, Romeo, Michigan

"The stars are blazing like rebel diamonds cut out of the sun" -The Killers (Read My Mind)

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -George Harrison

lol you did really good thx for posting ur work

Destyni BRONZE said...
Destyni BRONZE, Edmonton, Other
Thanks! I've never realy gotten any feed back so it's realy great to hear that you liked it! Sorry about the spelling mistakes! My spellchecker is busted.

nextkidd30 SILVER, Oregon, Wisconsin

"Now join your hands, and with your hands your hearts."
-- William Shakespeare

Hey I just wanted to say that I appreciate the kind words you left me about my article Alive To Tell. I'm glad you did because I probably wouldn't have had a chance to read this one of yours. I loved the humor in one of the later paragraphs. It kept the mood deep but prevented it from being too much, if that makes any sense hah. Nice job.

Oh, and the only reason I can't distribute me short story is because there are some legal issues involving it. =/ How lame huh?