Dear Jane, | Teen Ink

Dear Jane,

July 27, 2009
By JaseC GOLD, Granbury, Texas
JaseC GOLD, Granbury, Texas
19 articles 0 photos 44 comments

Dear Jane,

Something I’ve never said very much: thank you. I thought that I was going to be different from the men that take advantage of you but I guess I’m not. For that I’m sorry. I grew up into something that I never wanted to be, a man without direction, and I did my best to turn my life around so that you and I could be together. It worked for a while, but people have a tendency to fall back into old habits; even when they know that it will ruin what they want the most. I want to be close to you Amy. I would give up anything for that to be true. I’m doing the best I can not going out and partying and things like that, and I’ve even tried having a personal relationship with God. Those things aren’t working out very well and I think that it’s because that you’re not here to help me. You are so important to my life that the thought of me losing you messed me up. I told you that I didn’t want to be your friend because I thought that I would hurt you, and I would rather not be there at all than hurt you. You have other guy friends that you’re close to and you call over and stuff, and I guess I’m just jealous of that. I want you to help me Amy. Because a second before I wrote this, I put down a handgun that would’ve ended my life. I did that because I need help for me to change, and I think that you can help me the most because I’m totally comfortable when I talk to you. Every time that you call and text me, it immediately brightens up my day. I don’t know why, but it just does. I don’t want anything romantic, and I’ve told you that countless times, I just want us to be close.

Yours truly,

Jase Charbonnet