The start of violet and Demetre | Teen Ink

The start of violet and Demetre

By Crocodilekittencow BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Crocodilekittencow BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

My whole life I have been in the shadows. Watching. Listening. Making “friends” with the monsters that live here with me. They call me the Joker or King of the Shadows.    But then I saw her. Walking down the street talking on the phone. She didn’t even see me. But when I saw her, the sun made her curly jet black hair shine and sparkle. Or how when she gives someone a genuine smile her eyes squint at the same time. I had to make sure she didn’t see me yet. Stay in the shadows till I know who she is. I saw the way she would look behind her while talking on the phone like she could sense my eyes on her.  If only she knew what lurked in the shadows. 

I did this for about 2 months just following her to work before finally getting enough courage to step out and talk to her. I did find out that her name was Violet Reyes. She is 24. Lives on Spruce St.in Apartment 510. She doesn’t talk to her parenst anymore but doesn talk to her two siblings. 

I was standing in line waiting for a coffee. Watching her, a couple of people infront of me. Once I saw get her coffee I put my plan into action. I stepped out of the line just in enough time for her not to realize. 

“Oh my God. I’m so sorry. I wasn’t paying attention.” She said as she was getting paper towels to clean my very ruined coat from the coffee that spilled on me. 

“It’s okay. I didn’t like the coat anyways.” The sound of her voice was like music to my ears. 

“Let me atleast try and clean it” 

That’s when I hear my phone start to go off. Why now? We just started to talk. 

“I have to take this but before I go, what's your name?”

“Violet”

“Great Violet we will meet again and you can make it up to me for my ruined coat.”

Back to the shadow for now.