James | Teen Ink

James

May 5, 2009
By aprilfool6784 GOLD, Westfield, New Jersey
aprilfool6784 GOLD, Westfield, New Jersey
13 articles 0 photos 10 comments

“Now, which one of you idiots can tell me who fathered Perseus?” Not one hand was raised. “No one? I guess I’ll just have to fail you all this semester, and a shame, too. I was just beginning to like this class,” the hag whined. The strict, eyesore old witch-teacher’s beady eyes stared at us all. “Elizabeth, I know that you can answer.” Elizabeth, a blonde girl of twelve rose uneasily. She is pathetically dim-witted, and hated by most everyone. “Uh, I suppose it was Poseidon.” she smiled. So proud of herself, she was.
The old hag started to scream. She screamed about the idiocy of the class, of children, and of people in general. I wasn’t even paying attention. I was daydreaming. I whisper his name to the wind; James. Very quickly, my visions are shattered as I fall out of my seat onto the ground. The teacher whirls around, like an enraged bull. She beckons to me with a crooked finger. From behind her I can see a large ruler. As the ruler comes to my knuckles, I whisper his name again, and the pain ends.
“Now get out, you filthy little termites!” she screams, spewing her spit all over. We run outside, finally freed. I hear my name being called, and I run toward the sound. “Allison, what came over you?” Sarah asks, incredulous. “Boredom.” I reply curtly. Keep your lies simple. They will be much easier the keep track of that way. “Well, get over your boredom, because here he comes!” she yipped brightly. And sure enough, here comes James, red hair ablaze, green eyes shining.
“My, god, Allie! I could hear that smack in Ms. Jorcon’s room! What did you do?” James asked me, laughing. So, I answered by best friend with a riddle:
“Something no one asks for,



























when you have nothing to do,






























this will just come to you.”
James and Sarah are my best friends. Yet, I have loved James forever. And every day, I gaze into my dreams, and just look at him. And I wonder, as we laugh together, does he know?