Eyes | Teen Ink

Eyes

By Starks GOLD, Hartford City, Indiana
Starks GOLD, Hartford City, Indiana

"Monsters don't hide under your bed they sleep in your head" Unknown

Flames flicker and burn intensely in her chest. The feeling falling into the depths of her stomach setting it ablaze. Her lips flikcer into a weak smile to hide the growing heat rising to her cheeks. The flames lick her cheeks and gives way for relief. The swirling, awkward heat breaking through her flesh leaving a red behind. The red left behind only causes a smile;making the flames flutter more in her beating heart. It was an odd idea, a concept that tasted like bitter poison. Seeping into her minds cracks and filling the space with serpents.

The serpents speak crude thoughts that most would drown in. In her mind.. the serpents are deafned by by the suffocating flames. The flames that seemed to diverge from one point. Lizziy's eyes. The eyes that caused the flames to flicker and burn in her chest. Lizzy't eyes were a calm, stark contrast to her's. Being like water that always flowed, never showing its hidden rocks beneath. Eyes that called the her flames, since they were always so giving. Giving light to the dakrest parts of her.

Yet, the serpents still speak their minds. Forming thoughts that resorted in blood that dripped from her pores. Blood that others fail to see.. other than Lizzy.Although that blood soon faded as it was wiped away by blue. The embrace of Lizzy unleashed the rain from her eyes. The swirling love blossomed its petals stretching from her heart to her mind. Throwing away the serpents and returing the flames to her eyes.

I decided to write this story to show people that they shouldn't be afraid to love anyone, even if the world wants them to believe loving a certian kind of person isn't ok. I have learned throughout my life that people hold back on expressing themselves because they are afraid others will judge them. Don't be! If you like someone, tell them that before it becomes too late. You never know if the other may need you, or at the very least welcome your feelings!