The Kidnapping | Teen Ink

The Kidnapping

March 6, 2017
By iiris SILVER, Tirane, Other
iiris SILVER, Tirane, Other
5 articles 0 photos 7 comments

I  woke  up  early  in  the  morning  to  the  sound  of  birds  chirping. It  was  such  a  pleasant  day  and  the  sun  was  filtering  through  my  bedroom  window.   I  finally  got  up  from  my  bed  and  reached  for  my  hair  brush  to  fix  my  messy  bed  hair.  The  thing  I  liked  the  most  about  the  new  apartment  was  the  view  it  offered  everyday.


My  bedroom  was  a  total  mess, my  sketches  were  all  over  the  floor. I  loved  the way  the  ideas  spread  across  my  bedroom  floor, it  had  catastrophic  neatness  to  it, that  I particularly  enjoyed. I  was  very  dedicated  to my  profession  of  an  architect  but  I  had  never  thought  that  it  would  have  such  a  big  influence  in  my  everyday  life.  It  had  been  months  since  the  last  time  I  had  had a  nice  gathering  with  my  friends,  since  I  was  always  kept  busy  with  work  and  didn't  have  the  chance  to  meet  them.


As  I  was  doing  my  breakfast, suddenly  I  got  a  phone  call. I  cheered  up  when  I  heard  the  sweet  voice  of  Eleonora  sing  me  the  birthday  song. The  stress  I  had  had  over  the  last  months  made  me  forget  about  my  birthday. Being  reminded  by  my  10  year  old  sister  formed  a  small  smile  on  my  face. After  I  ended  up  the  phone  call, I  felt  the  quietness  and  loneliness  of  the  home  and  I  realised  how  much  I  missed  the  noisy  breakfasts  at  my  parents’  house. Everything  from  the  loud  clash  of  dishes  being  placed  on  the  sink, to  my  dad  tickling  my  sister, to  the  radio  playing  lovely  tunes.


I miss that.


My  phone  rang  again, interrupting  my  thought. This  time  it  was  my  best friend  Amanda  who  wished  me happy  birthday. I  felt  bad  thinking  of  much  I  had  neglected  everyone  who  cares  about  me  for  such  a  long  time.


It  was  around  9  o'clock  when  I  left  the  apartment  and  headed  to  work. As  I  strolled, the  loud  noise  of  a  van  interrupted  my  thoughts. I  turned  my  head  and  I  saw  two  men  in  black  coming  out  from  a  white  van. They  were  both  wearing  masks  and  I  couldn't  see their  faces. As  they  were  coming  towards  me, I  got  so  scared  and  my  heart  started  beating  so  fast. As  I  was  about  to  scream, one  of  the  men  covered  my  mouth  with  a  cloth. I  kicked  him  hard  but  then  the  other  man  came  and  he  pulled  me  inside  the  van. I  felt  so  weak  towards  them.


They  forcefully  sat  me  down  and  tied  me  on  the  backseat. I  started  to  sob uncontrollably. I  was  alone  in  the  back  seat  while  they  went  in  front  and  I  heard  the  vehicle  moving. Why  would  they  kidnap  me? What  do  they  want  from  me?
I  wanted  to  scream  for  help  but  it  was  impossible  to  say  anything  with  the cloth in  my  mouth. I  tried  to  untie  myself  but  that  was  also  impossible. I  could  feel  the  tight tape, stopping  my  blood  circulation, tightening  my  wrists.


It  had  been  around  half  an  hour  when  they  finally  stopped  the  car. One  of  the  men  got  out  and  opened  the  door. This  time  he  put  a  cloth  on  my  eyes  and  went  back  at  his  seat.  Soon  they  stopped  again  and  I  heard  both  of  their  doors  to  open. They  pulled  me  out  of  the  van  and  I  had  no  clue  where  we  were  heading.


As  soon  as  they  removed  the  tape  I  started  screaming   at  them. Then  I  felt  this  hand  removing  the  cloth  from  my  eyes. What  I  had  in  front  of  me  was  nothing  like  what  I  expected  to  see. I  saw  myself  surrounded  by  people  whose  faces  seemed  familiar. All  of  my  friends  and  family  were  there.


Every  single  one  of  them.


“Surprise! Happy  Birthday!” they  shouted.

I  was  in  a  beautiful  restaurant, with  confetti  and  balloons  all  over.


“You  all  are  so  cruel  for  doing  this” I  cried. “You  scared  the  hell  out  of  me. Amanda, I  bet  this  evil  idea  was  yours.”


“Well  the  only  way  to  take  you  apart  from  your  job  was  to  kidnap  you. I  hope  you  took  a  good  lesson  and  you  better  spend  some  time  with  us  from  now  on.” Amanda  said  grinning  from  ear  to  ear  as  she  handed  me  a  present. “Happy  24th  Birthday  my  dear.”