Adjective Stories | Teen Ink

Adjective Stories

May 13, 2016
By lang.anna BRONZE, Granger, Indiana
lang.anna BRONZE, Granger, Indiana
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Ambitious
She grew up ahead of everyone else. She walked, talked and ate solids before all the other babies. She had the most supportive parents in school and sports. She’s always been busy, some may call her overcommitted. She’s good at everything she commits to. That’s not enough but she has to be the best. She’s very kind but also fierce. She’s an eccentric fire of purpose and drive. She has goals set for her life. She does not take no for an answer, she will just find a new way. Some say she’s determined. She has the perfect family. With here perfect husband and two kids- a boy and a girl. With the perfect child care. Their perfect two story, white sided house with red shutters. A backyard with perfect rich green grass and a white picket fence. A Toyota mini van for all her soccer mom duties. She’s busy with her perfect family but she still has the perfect job. She’s getting a promotion in less than two years, if she has any say in it.


Gregarious
In high school he had a friend at every table of the lunch room. He could  walk into any classrooms and get 1,000 hello’s. He was in every sport and club possible without having to be in two places at once. He was involved in youth group, everyone there adores him. He would always be the one to go on stage and make the announcements and lead the games. He goes to every party, even the one for the loser in the corner or the annoying guy at work. He’s the life of the party and it’s significantly better when he’s there. He had the highest sales of anyone in the company for the last ten years. He got bored with that and is now the host of his own talk show. Everyone watches him, weekdays from 8pm-9pm, eastern time on NBC. His show has the most views ever, in television history. He got an Oscar for an Outstanding Talk/ Service Show. He has a huge party with his live audience after every show and greets everyone with a smile for the selfie,  he’s happy to take. He’s an purebred extrovert, with no time to ever slow down.


Exhausted
He walks into school, with his shoulders down and headphones in. His music so loud he couldn’t hear elephants running down the hallway. Hood over his head to try and mask his face. Bloodshot eyes above the drooping dark circles. He never really talks, he can barely stay awake. Some of us think he’s depressed. Some of us think he’s lonely. He plays football for our high school, the Champagne Chiefs. He’s president of Student Council and Peer Leadership group. His parents are divorced forcing him to pack and unpack his stuff every other night. He’s at his dad’s tonight and he left half of his football equipment at his mom’s. He can’t remember simple things. He’s stressed and unorganized. He freaks out over little things and is as indecisive and a woman picking out her outfit. His coach has been yelling at him a lot for not being proactive on the field but his body is physically incapable of going any further. His brain is equivalent of that of a pregnancy mind. His family is always mad at him for the condition of his room. It’s never clean but how could it be with the constant change in location and three hour football practices.