Fairy Tale | Teen Ink

Fairy Tale

By onemanband101 PLATINUM, Hackettstown, New Jersey
onemanband101 PLATINUM, Hackettstown, New Jersey

Once upon a time'

Why can't life be like that? Happy endings, prince charming, and fairy godmothers? Who wouldn't want that? Who wouldn't want to live happily ever after?

But how simple is it really?

I think we've forgotten something. What is it? Oh, wait. What about the dragons and the evil step mothers? Then there's the father who doesn't care, and the only one that seems to love you is yourself.

How easy is it to forget that?

Are we so used to the cruel parts of life that this is nothing to us? Do fairy tales remind us of our lives? The pain and tears we suffer. The belief that no one loves you, and you're alone. We can relate to the stories can't we?

And that's why we read them.

We all want to find prince charming and have a happy ending too. We want to be as lucky as those in the story. We read fairy tales with the hope that dreams do come true. We want to be assured that good will overcome in the end.

We want a fantasy.

In the moments we take reading fairy tales we escape into a world unlike ours. A world we know is not even possible. The world we wish we could be apart of, is not real.

But we don't care.

Everyone wishes that before THE END, we can also'

'live happily ever after.

aberdia17 SILVER, Potomac, Maryland

"You take what you can get"

Great piece! please read my submission (there we were)

aladine_98 SILVER, Hemet, California
I liked it. So true, so simple. Everyone wants a happy ending. Keep up the good work.

AbbyE SILVER said...
AbbyE SILVER, Zachary, Louisiana

"A good book isn't just words written expertly on a page, or words that stir up emotions in the reader. A good book comes not only from your imagination, but your soul." ~ Me ♥

Love this. It is very true and all can relate! 

AmandaPanda123 SILVER, Brookville, Pennsylvania

Memories are forever.

I really like this. I have often thought about this concept - how we all wish we could have a fairytale ending.

SelahSecrets said...
SelahSecrets, Burleson, Texas

"Life is what happens when your busy making other plans."- John Lennon

I totally agree. I would like to hear more on the subject though, let your thoughts flow into more depth, concentrate. Draw more contemplations and comparisons of our world to the magical, mystical world of fairy tales. Your work will go far with more detail and depth. Don't linger above the surface, search deeper, let your writer's soul guide you into the deep truths of great works of art. Job well done. I wish to see more.