A Dream that Could not be! | Teen Ink

A Dream that Could not be!

November 25, 2015
By LifeLeader PLATINUM, Roanoke, Virginia
LifeLeader PLATINUM, Roanoke, Virginia
46 articles 0 photos 17 comments

A dream, I am in a dream. Where I sit on silver linings of snow-clouds and the sky is ebony above me. Is it a dream? It is. Since I have never known that such a moment would exist…not in my life at least. I never have sat next to this familiarish person and I know not who sits next to them.
That moment could not exist! I would not sit with them-my opened eyes could never lock theirs. Nor would they ever sit with me. Dear God! How would they ever sit with me? With my strangeness, and oddness, and my ephemeral, cosmic vagaries! No…certainly not. Certainly not, they would not desire to be seen with the likeness of a fairy-wanna-be or a hippocampus-in-training.
Yet I was situated beside them in a fluttery dress that flowed over me ocean-colored and I in proximity with someone I have met next to someone I have never met. Yet I am calm. Calm as the sea that blankets me. Calm as the sky ebony above me. Flustered as the fireworks of the festival’s ending.

Maybe I can speak? Maybe our eyes could meet? I-confident but modest-I turn my head to the being. Could they be friends, company to me? Maybe…Before I could open my quivering lips in attempt to shake my awkwardness and speak to the suited familiarish person, the scene changes because…it was but a dream.Calm as the sky ebony above me.
Maybe I can speak? Maybe our eyes could meet? I-confident but modest-I turn my head to the being. Could they be friends, company to me? Maybe…Before I could open my quivering lips in attempt to shake my awkwardness and speak to the suited familiarish person, the scene changes because…it was but a dream.


The author's comments:

It is a prose poem on a dream I had the night before.