My Life in the Sand | Teen Ink

My Life in the Sand

February 18, 2015
By PinkSkies BRONZE, Goshen, Indiana
PinkSkies BRONZE, Goshen, Indiana
3 articles 0 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Its not possible to fight beyond you're strength, even if you strive."


-Homer


   I stand on the beach where I grew up, not believing that i'm moving half-way around the world. And only because of my moms job offer. I start to remember the moments where I had to manage or repair my life in a cautious time. When I came to walk here, I thought about decisions that wouldn't affect my future in any wayI inquire to myself, was it worth it?

   I now realize that i'm facing my past, this beach is what I came upon when we moved in, and problems occured. When life was just too complicated for me to cope. I came when someone I thought I loved hurt me in mental and physical ways. Had caused pain I could never have imagined. People may feel the same as me but they never lived it quite the same.

   I then think about my present-future, what i'll be doing, if i'm making the right choice, or if i'm putting myself out there in a harmful way. In this neighborhood, i'm known as the ditsy, arrogant, self-loathing, socialist. I know i'm different, but, I am described as none of those opinons. I'm on a road that leads to great opprotunities, i'm ready to leave my past,find my future and leave my life in the sand. 


The author's comments:

I hope my writing inspires or motivates others to leave their past behind and find what they want to do, not all they're told.