My Life in the Sand | Teen Ink

My Life in the Sand

By PinkSkies BRONZE, Goshen, Indiana
PinkSkies BRONZE, Goshen, Indiana

"Its not possible to fight beyond you're strength, even if you strive."

-Homer

I stand on the beach where I grew up, not believing that i'm moving half-way around the world. And only because of my moms job offer. I start to remember the moments where I had to manage or repair my life in a cautious time. When I came to walk here, I thought about decisions that wouldn't affect my future in any wayI inquire to myself, was it worth it?

I now realize that i'm facing my past, this beach is what I came upon when we moved in, and problems occured. When life was just too complicated for me to cope. I came when someone I thought I loved hurt me in mental and physical ways. Had caused pain I could never have imagined. People may feel the same as me but they never lived it quite the same.

I then think about my present-future, what i'll be doing, if i'm making the right choice, or if i'm putting myself out there in a harmful way. In this neighborhood, i'm known as the ditsy, arrogant, self-loathing, socialist. I know i'm different, but, I am described as none of those opinons. I'm on a road that leads to great opprotunities, i'm ready to leave my past,find my future and leave my life in the sand. 

I hope my writing inspires or motivates others to leave their past behind and find what they want to do, not all they're told.

PinkSkies BRONZE, Goshen, Indiana

-Homer

Hey guys, please comment and tell me if you relate to this article in any way. But if it's too personal, you don't have to put it if you don't want to. Thanks for reading!