Baseball | Teen Ink

Baseball

By Jackers928 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Jackers928 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Hi.

Baseball

We gave a silent cheer of excitement as the last bell rang. We got our backpacks and raced to my house, no time was wasted as we headed down the creaking stairs of my basement. I thought for a little while, then I got up and walked to the whiteboard with a grin on my face.

I had to come up with a goal and our name. This room smelled like cinnamon and was pretty dark. Their was random furniture around the basement. This was important because not many people know the joy of playing baseball. I sat up with a grin on my face, “What should our goals be?” I asked urgently. The room became silent as everyone began to think. The only sound there you could hear was the sound of my family upstairs.

Max was the first to come up with a idea. “How about our goal is to provide athletic enjoyment of the game of baseball?” He replied. All of us agreed in a mild, “Yeah, sure, why not?” As I was about to begin, Nick, my brother, came down and gave us all a delicious cookie, and it was my mothers, my favorite! After we all enjoyed our cookies we talked about possible names. Some people suggested stuff like baseball associated and stuff.

“Golden Bay Baseball! After all, we live in Golden Bay. G.B.B for short.” Jimmy exclaimed with excitement as he jumped up and down. “Great idea!” Everyone shrieked. I then gave him an enthusiastic high five. We then went upstairs and ordered a victory pizza. We got started and created uniforms until the pizza came. After the pizza arrived, we all enjoyed a slice or two of the delicious pizza that tasted like victory.