Chilled Feelings | Teen Ink

Chilled Feelings

By ryan.krahn BRONZE, Salem, New Hampshire
ryan.krahn BRONZE, Salem, New Hampshire

The door squeels open and all eyes are on me, one set in particualr.  Stale, frozen air rushes to meet my face, making its way across my body forcing goosebumps across my skin.  I lock eyes with him and all the bad memories of the summer flash through my mind.  My preoccupied brain leaves my body now slouched in the doorway, afraid to do anything but stand and wait.

Nobody approaches me, they all just stare and i feel helpless.  I cant control my body and my head aches as if i was hit with something.  The back of my neck starts to get clammy, and my hands shake with the now- constant fear running through my body.  Mouths move but no voice reach my ears.  He starts across the room and i try to move but my feet are now part of the floor.  The floor is swallowing me whole, and im sinking as if in quicksand.  Now shin- deep into the floor he gets to me, and i scream, louder than i ever have, a scream that comes from deep inside.  I urge my arms up over my head protecting me and something shakes me, my legs are free from the quicksand floor and i am able to move, able to breathe.  

Abrupt brightness startles me and im still screaming as i realize where i am, no longer sinking in the classroom but in my cot in the room ive been in for the past month.  The nurse gives me a cold look, i had another nightmare and she was required to come in and check on me for the second time tonight.  Afriad to see him again, i pull myself to sit up and dont dare to close my eyes agian, i refuse to have him coming after me another time.

Just a nightmare from the point of view of someone in the hospital.