Who Is She? | Teen Ink

Who Is She?

By In_Love_with_Writing GOLD, Easton, Pennsylvania
In_Love_with_Writing GOLD, Easton, Pennsylvania

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Who am I?

I am FREAK.

I am TRASH.

My classmates hate me. I was pushed away from the rest of high school society the minute I started ninth grade. I don’t know why it happened so suddenly. They won’t tell me. I used to be tolerated and ignored in my younger years. I guess they finally noticed me. Those insults are not my name. And they all know it.

I am CREEP.

I am SCUM.

Every insult thrown my way hurts like a needle piercing through my heart, but I don’t care. Why? Because it’s the only way people notice me. If it weren’t for the verbal and physical torture, I would be left to disintegrate into thin air, become non-existent in my entire neighborhood. The only way people know me is by the fact that they know who they’re not supposed to be seen with. And that’s me.

I am UGLY.

I am DITZ.

They shove me in the halls, try to pull my shirt down, twist my ears until I can feel blood, but I can’t do anything about it. Teachers try to intervene through all the agony I am put in, but it is no use. This is my life. This is my only story.

I am OUTCAST.

I am IDIOT.

These names feel like a second home to me. They are my only solid home. My first was broken by my parents. They started fighting when I was seven. They can’t even sleep on the same side of the house now or even look at each other, ten years later. They use me as their rope in their tug-of-war arguments. They both have applied for a divorce. While they worry about themselves, I can find no peace in my life. Stony silence at the dinner table takes me to school. Harsh insults give me a ride back.

I am MORON.

I am IMBECILE.

My life is in pieces. The shards are irreparable. My reputation is unredeemable. But my place is easily replaceable. It would be too easy for them to find another target. Another person to rein misery on. But I can no longer keep living like this. If I can only gain recognition in this world by being people’s punch bag then I’d rather not live in it. I’d much rather find another world to be a part of. Maybe one that won’t give me as much depression. So now I’ve decided that I want out of this mortal life. Don’t expect me to say goodbye.

I am HELPLESS.

I am ALONE.

I am . . .

Layne Frohman. That actually is my name. And you won’t find me unless you’re able to see the dead.

Please make sure to untighten the belt that’s on my neck and put it back in my dad’s closet. It’s his favorite. But you can throw away my soulless body. That’s no one’s favorite.

AnjanaAshok said...
Great piece of writing........keep it up

Tghermione19 SILVER, Normal Hieghts, California
Perfectly writen, you really have a gift. If you ever have the time could you please post a comment on one of my stories please.

Thank you!! You're so sweet :)

Ride4Life BRONZE, Calumet, Michigan
I am IN AWE with your stories! I absolutely love your style of writing. You do a wonderful job and I am very impressed. Keep it up forEVER!

CallMeAria PLATINUM, Vancouver, Other

EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON :)

Chilling ending, I've got to say. Perfect description of the victim's story, you really got into the mindset of a victim. Would you mind reviewing some of my work please? I'd be so honored if you would :)

Stella_Val_Illicia GOLD, Salt Lake City, Utah

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people angry and been widely regarded as a bad idea."
--Douglas Adams

That's so sad... and what really hits me is that it's probably true for someone. It's describes the life of someone who doesn't want to live perfectly.

SpazzinOverU SILVER, Dehradun, Other

Keep clam and Carry On....

truely describes a victim's life. sad..very indeed....

IndigoElisabeth SILVER, Woodbury, New Jersey

John 1:1

So sad! But very well-written!

BorderlineGenius777 SILVER, Lewiston, Idaho

"If all our misfortunes were laid in one common heap, whence everyone must take an equal portion, most would be content to take their own and depart."- Socrates

Just... moving. very moving.

GreekGoddess BRONZE, Andover, Connecticut

"The unprepared rebel dies in the fire."
~unknown

Oh my gosh, I'm in tears now! Great job of making so that everyone knows he is unwanted

FizzyL25 SILVER, Lasne, Other

Writint is the only thing that, when I do it, I don't feel like I should be doing something else.

Great story, it's very dramatic, especially the bit about the belt at the end.  You're a wonderful writer!

liveloud70x7 SILVER, Private, California

“You do not immortalize the lost by writing about them. Language buries, but does not resurrect.” --john green

"self-consciousness is the enemy of all creativity" --ray bradbury

"We suffer each other to have each other a while." -Li-Young Lee

This was chilling! Skillfully written and like, ohhh my *shudder* wow.

GuardianoftheStars GOLD, Shongaloo, Louisiana

"Let's tell young people the best books are yet to be written; the best painting, the best government, the best of everything is yet to be done by them."
-John Erslcine

Wow, that is powerful.  So sad and true too :(  But as for your writing skills they are masters at weaving stories. You are AMAZING.

LadyJaneGrey PLATINUM, Louisville, Kentucky

"I know it defies the law of gravity, but I never studied law." - Bugs Bunny

This is fantastic. The way you didn't grammar correctly on the "I am" parts really showed the girl's raw pain. Really my only criticisms are nitpicky -- there are a couple of instrances where the girl doesn't really seem in character -- "my classmates" and "high school society," don't really seem like something a 14-year-old girl would say. There are also a couple of instances where the story is repetitive and has trouble moving forward. But don't think those detract from the overall impact -- It's a fantastic story, very sad, very lonely. I love stories that make me contemplate my existence. 

Sarah1517 GOLD said...
Sarah1517 GOLD, Vashon, Washington

We never really grow up. We only learn how to act in public.

Definitely was not expecting the ending! Good work, though some parts are rough and almost rushed sounding. Try slowing down a bit

ClarinetPower SILVER, Macomb, Michigan
This is so good! I listened to your comment and commented on some of your writing, can you return the favor?

Marwin BRONZE said...
Marwin BRONZE, Cotabato City, Other
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Everything will be alright in the end, but if it is not alright, then, it is not the end :-)

very nice :-) very dramatic in the beginning and something horror in the ending... :-)

This story in heartbreakingly true. The writing style is just fantastic, and I love how you continuos,y add the names in with the story. You are a great writer. Keep up the good work!

The_Pensive_Scribe PLATINUM, Fort Worth, Texas

Pain is life, and life can be beautiful with all its scars and flaws.

Oh my! This is such a heart-breaking story! it was amazingly written and its outstanding!!!! Keep on writing!