The Moon | Teen Ink

The Moon

December 23, 2012
By BeautifulSimplicity BRONZE, St. Louis, Missouri
BeautifulSimplicity BRONZE, St. Louis, Missouri
2 articles 0 photos 62 comments

Favorite Quote:
We keep it light, until it's time to go dark. Then we go pitch black.


I wake up. My body aches all over. I cough and see the blood displayed in my hand. I rest my head against the cold, wet, dirty concrete; decorated with trash. My head spins and I close my eyes as I try to recollect my previous events. I was set up. My own friend might as well have been the one who stabbed me in the back.

I was robbed, broken; alone. They left me in a dark ally, I cried out for help only to feel as if glass was caught in my throat; I was hoarse. I feel myself drifting in and out of conscience. I open my eyes and see the nearby street light flicker, losing its power. I'll be plunged into darkness once more. It flickers again and shuts off; ending for the night. I look up, the moon is so bright. Will it bring my savior tonight?

I hear panic. "Don't you see that man laying in the moon light?!"

A smile creeps across my lips. Various orders are being directed, the cry for a hospital is the loudest. I close my eyes, still able to see the bright light. The moon shined upon me, I'm going to be alright. My savior came tonight.