Love Drunk | Teen Ink

Love Drunk

August 15, 2012
By Rain. SILVER, Beechhurst, New York
Rain. SILVER, Beechhurst, New York
7 articles 0 photos 64 comments

Favorite Quote:
No matter how high you are, you always have to come back down.


“Hi, I’m Alec, and I’ve been sober for 1 year now.”
“Hi, I’m Jason, and I’ve been sober for about 3 months now.”
“Good morning, I’m Klein, and I’ve been sober for about 5 weeks now.”

We went around in the circle, stating our names and our time away from the drug. My break up with Caroline was about 2 weeks ago, but in my mind our love was the drug I’ve been drinking. It’s what influenced most of my drinking, especially after the breakup. I was love drunk and I’d be lying if I said I was two weeks sober, because I really wasn’t. In fact, I was hung over right now.
I called her last night, drunk, both literally and metaphorically. “CARR! I love you, please come back! I need you in my life, I-I can’t go on anymore.”, I cried these words sobbing only stopping for breathe and to take another sip of my bottle of whisky. I waited for a response like a lost puppy; I was still lost because after I was done waiting all I heard was a –click. Don’t get me wrong, she had every rite, this had been the third time I called her like that this week.
My phone vibrated, and I slyly pulled it out of my pocket to check it. It was a text from Caroline that read: I love you; I was a terrible person for doing that to you. Take me back?
“Xavier, it’s your turn.”, the moderator told me.
“Hi, I’m Xavier, and I’ve been sober for– I’m sorry I can’t do this. I’m drunk off of love right now.”


The author's comments:
This is my first non-poetic piece.