Friendly jealous | Teen Ink

Friendly jealous

By Bookwizard PLATINUM, Watertown, New York
Bookwizard PLATINUM, Watertown, New York

If you love something, let it go. If it comes back it was always yours, if it doesn't it never was.

Jesse looked at the girl two rows in front of her. Her smooth long black hair rolled down her back and whenever she moved it whisked to the opposite side. Jesse wanted so much to cut it off and burn it. Then the girl would have one less thing to brag about. She dug through her book bag for her scissors. When she found them someone tapped her on the shoulder. She looked up and saw the girl standing in front of her. “Hey Jess. Here you go.” the girl said handing her a light blue slim envelope with her name on it. “It’s an invitation to my birthday slash slumber party.” the girl explained with a grin. Then she walked back to her adoring fans. They looked over at Jesse with daggers in their eyes at Jesse taking her attention away. Jesse slowly slid her index finger under the sealed tip and hoped she would get a paper cut so she would have something to blame the girl on. Sadly the peel slipped right off and the envelope opened. Inside was a flimsy piece of paper inviting her to the party. Jesse stuffed into her book bag already knowing she was going.

Melissa looked back at Jesse stuffing her invitation into her book bag. She smiled inside and almost laughed. Jesse had known before everyone else that she was having a party. She had helped plan it. Melissa tuned back into the useless chatter of the girls who sat by her. None of them had been invited because they annoyed herself and Jesse. They thought they were better than everyone but they weren’t and not inviting them to her party showed them that. Melissa listened to five more minutes of their chatter before the bell rang and she jumped out her seat and walked to the back to join up with her best friend. “Hey jess. Did you like my invite?” she asked laughing. Jesse joined in and picked up her book bag rolling her eyes. “Let’s go help your mom shop for the stuff.” Jesse said walking toward the door. Melissa nodded happily and intertwined her arm with Jesse and they skipped happily toward the door. Melissa didn’t notice Jesse’s expression as they skipped.

I was just in the jealous mood.