I Want My Life to Sound Like La Vie En Rose | Teen Ink

I Want My Life to Sound Like La Vie En Rose

January 14, 2012
By Goldleaf SILVER, Cave Creek, Arizona
Goldleaf SILVER, Cave Creek, Arizona
5 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"i generally find people less scary after ive poked them in the eye."~Bones

"if you dont feel stupid, then your not doing it right."


I want to wake with the sunlight spilling through my window pane, kissing against my shoulder blades as I lay awake but motionless; soaking in the warmth and listening to the quiet sounds of the slowly waking house. The newborn warmth checkering across the floorboards and painting the insides of my eyelids a soft rose tinted peach. Taking simple comfort in the gentle weight of the blankets on my legs, the steady rhythm of my breaths counting off the minutes. Hearing the tentative singing of the birds out in the dewy morning grass and trees of green. The soft lacey white curtains fluttering in a soft sigh of a breeze, bringing with it the smell of sunlight and secrets. Cool air washing the room of its soft slumber, slipping over my neck and raising the hairs along my arms. I want to open my eyes each morning knowing there are endless possibilities, feeling just a shade more daring or whimsical depending on my particular fancy of the day.

But how do I do this, without you?


The author's comments:
I know this doesn't really go along with the song, but it's how I feel whenever I listen to it. Criticism of all kinds is welcome and encouraged.