Detention | Teen Ink

Detention

By Bookwizard PLATINUM, Watertown, New York
Bookwizard PLATINUM, Watertown, New York

If you love something, let it go. If it comes back it was always yours, if it doesn't it never was.

The clock ticked away but never coming closer to the time where they could leave. Sweat dripped off their brows. It was hotter than the Sahara Desert. Miley looked outside at the school pool. It looked inviting. She turned away. That was what she had gotten in trouble for. Throwing freshmen into the pool was against school rules. Her principle had got her and sent her straight to his office. Her handy work had given her three weeks of being burned alive in detention.

He looked at the bell waiting for it to ring. He didn’t mind the heat. His house was ten times as hot as this. He was glad to be in a cooler building. He had earned his detention fairly. T-ping the principle and the vice principal’s office had been fun and right now he was thinking of other ways to bother his English teacher. His favorite place in this school was the detention room.

She looked fearfully around her. She was surrounded by delinquents. She had taken a seat up front so when the bell rang she could race out. She couldn’t believe her favorite teacher would give her a detention for talking in class. While all these kids had gotten detention for fights or bullying or even vandalizing. She hugged her book bag to her chess hoping the bell would ring soon.

Thirty minutes later the bell did ring. Ten hot kids filed out of the school, either walking home or walking to the front for rides. Just another day in detention.