The Darkness of Nothing | Teen Ink

The Darkness of Nothing

October 30, 2011
By Tebazil BRONZE, Irving, Texas
Tebazil BRONZE, Irving, Texas
2 articles 9 photos 4 comments

Twisting illusions danced in the corners of our minds and only emerged on the darkest of nights, lingering in the shadows waiting for the opportune moment to jump out and make our worst nightmares the reality. We fell victim to these well-fabricated lies and accepted them as the truth.

The nothingness that we existed in had us trapped, disoriented, afraid. No one told us that we would be alright, and we had lost all of our will to fight against the darkness that was pressing against our minds, threatening to smother us for eternity. There was no light at the end of the tunnel, no faint rays of hope shone through the shadows. No chance seemed to exist that would allow us to redeem ourselves.

Our hearts told us we were alive, but we remained doubtful. Every crawling second was filled with misery and it seemed as if our souls had left us long ago. We might as well have just given up all hope and perished in the black abyss.

Driven mad, we let go of all remaining wisps of sanity and laughed at our own persisting misery. Our broken bodies became useless but still we searched for any sort of help that someone night have been offering. Through the shadows I stretched out a hand as my spirit silently escaped my worthless corpse.