Three - Chapter one | Teen Ink

Three - Chapter one

By Jesse-Marie- PLATINUM, Freehold, New Jersey
Jesse-Marie- PLATINUM, Freehold, New Jersey

"To love is to live. Without love, what is life?"

Sitting alone in my room, surrounded by the comfort of warm spring air. I was reading a novel, when suddenly, a paper airplane flew through my window. I looked up and realized it was from Madison. Me and Madison had been best friends and neighbors since we were five. We had these traditions, one of them being sending paper airplanes with notes on them through our window.

I ran towards the window and eagerly picked up the airplane. I opened it and started to read it. "Meet me outside right now." I blinked and dropped it. I opened my door and slinked through. I ran down my stairs and jumped outside, waiting to see what Madison had to see. I stepped out on to the grass and looked around.

Water poured on to me and soaking me. "What the!" I screamed while being pelted by dozens of water balloons. I sprinted blindly at the source of the balloons, Madison, and jumped on him. He fell back and we both laughed. I was sitting on top of him pinning him down. I felt awkward so I slowly rolled over on to the grass. "Haha you jerk!" I punched his arm.
"I'm the jerk? You're the one that tackled me!" Madison poked my arm jokingly. I looked at him, he was so cute.

I walked inside to get a towel. Madison just left to go to football. What was with me? Whenever I was with him he made me feel so... Alive. Happy. Free. Like a little kid again. He promised me that someday, when we were older, we would get married. Of course that was 11 years ago, but somedays I think he wants to.

But here's the catch:
I got a boyfriend. I don't mean that in a bad way, I love Mikey. Somedays, my heart can't decide what it wants.

My heart likes to play tricks on me. It sucks.

So here I am, sitting in my PJs, watching late night movies. Alone. In my house. With no one around.

"Darrek! I love you! Marry me." This stupid lady was blabbing in this bad romance movie. I rolled my eyes. She looked younger then me! I, Jessica May Flowers, am only 16. I am not thinking about marriage yet. Or am I?

What's that? What's that buzzing noise? Oh, wait, it's my phone.

I picked up my phone and I realized I had a new text message. It was from Mikey. Mikey was the teenage dream. He's a gorgeous, 5'9, skinny, football player. With shortish brown hair, he was to die for. Plus, he just happened to be my boyfriend. The text was short, so I just barely read it:

"Hey babe, I'm coming over. Is that okay?"

I blinked. Him, coming over, now? NOW? I sprinted towards my bathroom, flicked on the lights and looked in the mirror. I looked okay. My long, golden streaked brown hair, was tied back in a cute pony tail. It was pin straight, nothing to worry about there. My eyes looked okay, and my face was blemish-less. My tank top and sweat pants looked kinda cute. I guess I looked okay. I brushed my teeth quickly and popped a breath mint. I walked out of the bathroom calmly, and not a minute too soon.

I walked to the door and opened it. I was greeted by a huge hug. Mikey grabbed me in and pulled me in for a passionate kiss. Our lips locked and opened together. Slowly, I felt the spark. Kissing Mikey felt like electric sparks were shocking you, making you breathless and wanting more.

I pulled my head away and smiled. "Come in, don't stand there all day!" Mikey looked at me and pulled me closer.
"I'd stand here all day if I could keep kissing you baby." Mikey looked deep in my eyes and smiled his white gorgeous smile.

I grabbed his hand and led him inside.